“Very nice experience”

Mandaramnuwara (MA) Ecological Retreat
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nuwara Eliya
Mandaramnuwara (MA) Ecological Retreat
Ranked #87 of 260 Nuwara Eliya B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 January 2013

It's a crime to get there! Our driver called from town to ask for directions, and they didn't tell him where the shotcut was!! It took us 3 hours to get to the cottage from Nuaware Elyia. According to the manager it should be 40 minutes with the short cut, but on the way back it still took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to get back to town. So don't choose this cottage if Nuara Elyia is what you want to see.

Now the good news, once we were there, we had a great experience. The manager is absolutely fantastic and did everything in his power to make our stay nice. He welcomed us with drinks, and the food was great. Every meal is hand made with all the fresh vegetables that grow in their garden.

The cottage itself is awsome, very big and nice rooms, and with a nice dining room and some living rooms, that made you feel like home imediately.

We spend the day at the farm (didn't want to travel that far again) and the manager took us on a hike to the river. It started really nice, the views are breath taking and it's nice to see the eco farm. We saw a rat snake, and then went through the high grass down to the river. We were traveling with a 2 year old and a 4 year old, and by the time we were at the river everybody had leeches on their feet (even the kids who we carried), because of the rain the river was really wild, and that was the end of my fun, we went back to the cottage. If we would have been prepared we would have worn jeans and high shoes ;)

In the afternoon, after a nice swim in the pool we went back to the hill and pet the calfs, and saw how they hand milked the cows. And then we got a tour in their factory where they make yoghurt and butter.

Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ryanne B
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Me & my wife been staying for 1 day at this particular bungalow . On the way the bungalow me met 2-3 natural water falls. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met. The welcome drink was a organic fruit juice.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean.
The bed was very comfortable....
The lunch & dinner was Very delicious ( I found the best around ) .This was one of my memorable moments in my life.

Room Tip: The room next to the lobby is the best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank samith t
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I went for a holiday with my family to Bungalow Ma and I am glad that I selected this place to spend some quality time with my family. This is a great place to experience Organic way of holidaying. Food was great and came from their own gardens. Climate was very soothing with breathtaking scenarios. Everything is fresh and natural. Enjoyed the calmness away from hustle- bustle of the city. Rooms were spacious with attached clean bathrooms. And we were very pleased with the cordiality of the enthusiastic staff.

Room Tip: Select the room facing the swimming pool. It is much more spacier.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family