“Average”

Lake Inn Floating Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 58 Restaurants in Nuwara Eliya
Price range: USD 2 - USD 6
Description: The tranquility and beauty of the Gregory Lake that is unspoiled by any fast-paced city vibe, known for its laid-back atmosphere, breathtaking view, cozy weather and friendly folk. The Lake inn is a floating restaurant which is situated on a permanently moored boat, which bobs slowly and peacefully on the quiet waters of the lake. The look and feel of the boat is unique, homely and comfortable;
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Poor menu, no actual Chinese food, they don't have spring rolls or noodles,
I ordered spicy prawn main dish (1500 SR) and they brought me small size shrimp and not fresh !

I wish if every one be is honest with hiss/her review, so these restaurants will do more to be better and in the same time other visitors won't be disappointed!
good things about this place are: Location , and workers there try their best to give good service.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We wanted to just grab a salad and drink so we went in. We didn’t stay, there were 4 guys running this place yet no one greeted us. When he came to the table I asked what kind of salad dressing did they have and he walked away, didn’t come back another guy came over set a plate of brunt cake in front of us. The plate was dirty, we told him we didn’t want the cake we wanted a salad and he removed the cake and walked away. We left. The floors were dirty as we left my husband looked over the counter where they were cooking and he said it was nasty.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

The view is nice and it's a cool idea but the food was quite average and look nothing like the pictures. Give it a miss

1  Thank Ross P
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant twice in the same day. In the afternoon for a drink and in the evening for dinner. The two visits had contrasting experiences.

In the afternoon, as soon as we walked down the small set of steps to the floating restaurant we were greater by a smiling host who showed us to a table and gave us menus. Shortly after he took our order of drinks and proceed to serve them from the bottle in to glasses. After we had finished he came and cleared the glasses and gave us the bill. A very pleasant experience that encouraged us to come back later for some dinner.

However, dinner that evening was not such a pleasant experience. We approached the floating restaurant and we're greeted by a different yet cheery host. We seated ourselves as she was busy laying tables. We were given menus and then forgotten about. After 20 minutes had gone by I asked one of the hosts if we could place our order. This could have been forgiven if it was busy but we were the only 2 guests in the restaurant... After placing our order the host proceeded to the freeze, right next to the table, and got out a frozen bag. I later realised this was my dinner he was getting out. After a 10 minute wait the microwave dinged and my food was served... What I was faced with was a pile of mush with little to no flavour, luckily it was served with a spicy ketchup. We had to ask for cutlery too as our table had not finished being laid.

Both my partner and I were sorely disappointed by our meal that we didn't bother staying after we had finished.

I hope that this is a one off as it is the low season and the food would normally be prepared fresh to order, especially as I had ordered a Sri Lankan speciality.

However, if you want a drink by the lake with beautiful views. This is the place!

2  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This restaurant offers great foods at a decent price. It tastes good and portions are large. Service is excellent and they can help you choose a good mix of plates.