“worst steak! ”

Stonegrill Dining at Alpa City Suites
Ranked #45 of 113 Restaurants in Mandaue
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

the first time I went to stone grill dining was with my business partners. their stone grill steak was really good, just the right thickness, very tender, nicely cooked and seasoned well with all the veggies and side dish in the pic. After a few months, it was my birthday and decided to bring my family there. we ordered 3 stone grilled medium well steaks, pasta, etc... we had it cooked in the kitchen and not in front of us thinking it would be a good idea to just sit and eat. our order came 33 min., steak was overly overly cooked and dark, very thin- barely 8mm thk., hard and super dry, served on a plate (not the stone) with half of the sidings. waiter was nice, he knew that the order took so long and so he offered us bread... but the steak was really bad, & knowing this, he offered us fruits. we wanted to have it replaced but we figured it would just be the same because the 2nd order was similar to the first and it would be another 30min. we cancelled the 3rd order. we still paid for the steaks thou.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

"Alpa City Suites" is okay for staying overnight, but - if you don´t want to be the only guest - look for your favorite restaurant somewhere else! There is a bunch of vivid restaurants in the neighborhood or somewhere else in Cebu City / Mandaue - you won´t like to stay as the single guest in this hotel restaurant. Because of the cicumstances (nobody was there) we did not even try!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

The place is situated at a business hotel lobby. It's a small portion of a small hotel. It's decent but it's nothing awesome.

What got us here was curiousity of a stone-grilled steak. It may seem like something amazing but I really think I'll leave the cooking to the chef. The upside is that you get to cook your steak the way you want to. The downside, if you don't pay enough attention, you'll ruin your steak.

The steak was okay. Nothing amazing. I don't know if I cooked it wrong or I was just expected too much. The mushroom soup was okay too but the mashed potato would have been alright if it weren't cold. Overall, the meal experience was not the best, but it's definitely not the worst either. It could just be a matter of lowering expectations. The hype created by the radio could be to blame for my expectations. Good job advertising!

If it's any consolation, the service was great. The only time you have to wait is for your food to be prepared but the waiters were very attentive and accommodating.

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

It took ten minutes for them to tell us they didn't have any of the wine we ordered. They did not have lechon kawali so I ordered the burger sliders (three chess and bacon burgers) and got one processed pork burger and two half-rasher sandwiches. My friends weren't blown away either. We may have caught them on an off day, but our experience was not a good one.

As with all places in the Philippines, the staff were lovely which is why three stars.

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

This is a very nice restaurant with very attentive service.
But the pizza was not good.
Excellent breakfast buffet included in our room.

1  Thank Michael G