All reviewsbreakfast buffetayala mallfridge and microwavemajor mallsomelethousekeeping stafftaxi ridericestayed nightsfront officeheavy trafficbooked this hotelsinkamenitiesinternetunitsphilippines
Reviewed 11 February 2017

when i stayed there all stuff members (except one stubborn person) behaved like 5 stars hotel employees.

the other great point was the breakfast buffet. Small, but in terms of quality and essence for this price it was the best deal i have had in SE Asia at all.

let me get to the room - the most important part)):
spacious, clean, wifi worked well, but the bed was hard and very uncomfortable, one of the worst, if not even the worst (except compared to one bench in a cheap hole) i had in the country.
room suggests a 3 stars hotel at best.

all together this is a good hotel, and if it was not for the bed (which others may not care that much about) i would stay there again.

by all terms, i believe it is in a category somewhere between a good budget hotel and a 4 stars hotel.

location - on extremely busy intersection. it is usually easy to get a taxi in, but it takes forever for the taxi to get out of there. if going somewhere during pick hours this can be a big let down.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Plusses.

* Spacious room, nice bed and recently renovated bathroom
* One of the fastest Wi-Fi during my long travel history in the Philippines
* Complimentary breakfast is pretty nice
* No silly deposit to minibar consumption
* Airport can be reached less than 1 hour, great benefit in the awful traffic jams of Cebu city

Minuses

* Slow check in and check out
* Minibar was left without attention
* Extremelly heavy traffic front of the hotel

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2017

positive points, The room was nice, quiet, comfortable. The only noise i heard was from the hallway outside the door. Small ref to store your drinks. Buffet breakfast was just ok, actually was a bit disappointed with the selection. Location is decent, not far from one of the SM malls. Laundry store just outside and a short 1 min walk, 1 day service available. price very cheap, not so cheap if you go through the hotel.

Negative points, so before checking in i contacted the hotel about a early check in and they had no problem and said i just need to pay half the amount of the room, i was in agreement. So when arriving at the hotel at 7am they said they had no available room and the 1 room in the entire hotel that was available was the Royal Suite, most expensive room in the hotel. I ended up paying 2200 peso for about 4 hours worth of time in the room (no choice). Once my time was up in that room i was moving to the room i had booked and asked 2 of the cleaning staff if they had empty rooms like this and they both said there were several empty rooms. So basically the manager lied to me and scammed me. I let it go and just moved on. Dealing with the front desk was always a much more difficult task then it should have been. I will not be giving them my business the next trip to cebu.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank norby621
Reviewed 20 January 2017

I will start by saying that I told management and front desk staff that I would go easy on them in this review. So, let's get that out of the way before you hear the nasty bits... Skip ahead if you wish.

Front desk was excellent with check in/out, easy to approach with questions and always had correct answers, directions and scheduling info. We arrived 2 hours early and acted as if they knew we would be early and checked us in immediately.

Housekeeping was friendly, quick to respond and kept the room clean without disturbing our belongings.

Wait staff in the restaurant was hit and miss as they have many trainees standing around observing. However, there was 1 that stood out above the rest, I never got his name but he is a big guy who could dance between tables and guests with armfuls of plates like a ballerina.

24 hour security guards were polite and helpful getting taxis.

Now, the food... We stayed 9 nights, on morning #2 I had a piece of metal pot scrubber (Brillo pad) in my corned beef... Forgivable but unappetizing, this went without complaint. Morning #6, my wife had a piece of plastic bag in her soup, this was brought to Big Guy's attention. He apologized and said that it will be addressed with the chef.

Here is the unforgivable, on morning #8... My wife ate 1/4 bowl of soup before noticing a COCKROACH in it!!! She wanted to vomit and I was furious!

This happened in front of a management meeting in the restaurant that morning, so hopefully the matter has been addressed and the people responsible have been removed from the kitchen. Of course we got the apology but they were at a loss for words. We were offered a fruit platter and a cake and were told by the hotel manager that action will be taken. He also told us that an emergency meeting was held that day to address what happened to us. Hopefully it is true.

Finally, would I recommend this hotel? If you are very careful with what you eat... Yes. Will we return? Not likely.

The location is close to shopping, immigration, 30-40 minutes to airport, walking distance to street food and nite life. Rooms are basic but have big fridge and microwave for long stays. Staff is helpful and friendly. Smoking is not allowed in any common areas, however smoking rooms are available.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daveintoronto
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

There isn't anything special about the hotel but you're not paying anything special either so we have to set the right expectations when booking anywhere. Right?

Rooms are just the right size, as well as the bathrooms. No problem at all with water pressure and temperature. They provide complete toiletries, even with towelettes and a shower cap. Their blackout curtains could use a bit of repairs but nothing major.

They have a kitchenette bit without a stove. There's a microwave and sink on the counter, and a big refrigerator. No mini bar.

Parking can be a problem as the hotel is right on a busy intersection, but not impossible. Their guards could use a little more training and development but they were still quite helpful.

Their location makes it very easy to go to and from the airport and major shopping malls. Mandaue is also right there, but be aware that traffic from H. Cortes street going to A.S. Fortuna is perpetually slow moving.

What's best about this hotel for me was the breakfast. They didn't have as many options as other similarly priced hotels but little variety meant better quality.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends