After a 4 night stay in Sri Lanka (Also beautiful), we spent the remainder 10 nights of our honeymoon on Kuramathi island! WOW!
We arrived by speed boat which was a surprising 90 minute transfer but a great way to see some of the neighbouring islands. When we arrived at the island we were blown away by the colour of the sea, the reception, cold towels and a lovely drink.
After a 10 minute chat with our Kuoni rep, we were off on the buggy to our Deluxe Beach Villa (no. 354). It was the penultimate villa beofre the quiet tip of the island. The villa was bigger than we expected with a huge 4 poster bed. The bathroom was more than adequate and we also had an outdoor shower (as well as an indoor one) which was useful for when we were covered in sand. The best bit was the view out of the back patio doors- AMAZING! The beach and the sea were right there, what a view. Would highly recommend this particular villa.
It was so quiet at this end of the island yet only a short walk to the reception, main restaurant and bar. The buggy stop was only a 3 minute walk and with buggies running every 10 minutes, it was so easy to get to the other bars & restaurants.
We upgraded to All Inclusive a la carte which was so worth the money. Such an amazing cocktail menu and so many named spirits to choose from. The resataurants were all outstanding. While the Thai was our least favourite, it was still really yummy food.
The best have to be the Palm (italian) for its superb Carpaccio and amazing tazmanian tenderloin steak. This was definitely on a par with the island BBQ for The flambe'd steak diane and then for afters the flambe'd crepes suzette. Out of 10 nights we did the italian 3 nights and the BBQ for 3 too. My husbands favourite lunchtime spot was the coffee shop. He swears by the steak sandwich.
The snorkelling was fantastic! I'm not a big sea swimmer but it is so clear and calm that its hard not to love it. My first encounter with a reef shark was beyond scary but i became to love them after 10 days. The fish are out of this world and you manage to see different fish in different parts of the island. The best spot is next to the Eco centre, plenty of reef and fish to see before it drops off.
I paid for my husband and i to have a couples massage out on the pavillion for his birthday. The only downfall to the spa is that the steam and sauna areas are single sex so we couldnt go in together. However the massage with hot stones is so relaxing and it was followed by a herbal bath with a bottle of fizz- Perfect!
Finally, the people! All the staff are so friendly and welcoming, they work 24/7 constantly keeping the island clean and tidy to make it the most wonderful place to stay. I only wish I could honeymoon there every year.
We left on a seaplane which was a far better journey to the airport and great to do at sunrise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives