We selected this resort based on the fact that you could do the Select All Inclusive, well worth it, the food quality and variety was excellent. I would have definitely got bored with the same table in the same restaurant 3 times a day.
We started in a Superior Jacuzzi Beach Villa - nice room but a little smaller than expected with no privacy at all, the beach was just steps away though and some of these rooms were better positioned than ours.
My partner proposed to me whilst there and as a surprise booked us in to the Honeymoon villa for 2 nights, I'm sure this was very expensive but if you have the money you MUST do it even if for a night! The villa was massive with a huge swimming pool in the back garden! Absolutely stunning.... complete luxury.
From there I was fortunate enough to move to a Water Villa with Jacuzzi. These are on the reef side so you can snorkel (more or less) straight off your deck. These villas get the sun on the deck all afternoon whereas the villas on the lagoon side don't.
We did the speedboat transfer... it took about an hour and 15 mins but was fine. Not choppy and the boat was large and comfortable.
Snorkeling amazing and resort landscaping beautiful. Stingray feeding was an awesome sight!
How could I have possibly said 'no' to his proposal after such a perfect holiday?! :)
I would definitely recommend this resort and cant wait to return to the Maldives!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives