Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Very Worthwhile Attraction

I found my trip to the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum to be very informational. I... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
robertlB832HQ
Council Bluffs, Iowa
One of the Highlights of Our Trip

We decided to stop at the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum during our visit to Iowa... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Paula1126
Beaumont, TX
via mobile

All reviews great depression his life herbert hoover blacksmith shop presidential library american history stock market white house grave site greater appreciation world war an engineer great man beautiful grounds minute movie hour visit grew up
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I have come to really enjoy the Presidential libraries that I have been able to visit, and each one has made me want to see another. My misconceptions about President Hoover were put to rest when I was able to put his life, and multitude of good works, in perspective.

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Very interesting place :) it’s not quite as showy as some of the newer libraries, but considering it was the first presidential library, it is very nice :) loved the outdoor area / sights as well!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

On our way back to Ohio from South Dakota we stopped at this presidential library because we enjoy history and realized we didn't know a lot about Hoover.

This library and museum is off the beaten path, but is easily accessible from the interstate. It is extremely well done and you will learn so very much about this president. The exhibits detail his entire life and as you move through his life line you get a good perspective about the challenges he faced both personally and as a politician. It also helps you appreciate how much things changed over the years.

If you like history, don't miss this.

1  Thank HootieToo
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Had a very enjoyable time visiting this museum and walking in the park. The information on Hoover is great and it was very nice to learn about the private side of him and his philanthropy. The walk around the period area and park is also very nice. In addition, the park staff was very friendly and helpful answering questions and spending time discussing Hoover, his family and their life.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This is not a boring museum. There are many interactive exhibits, videos, an actual room from the Waldorf Astoria Hotel where Hoover once lived, and many artifacts from the former president and his time period. You get a good picture of the generous man he was.