“Serenity, beauty and pleasure”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Shanti Lodge Bali

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Anne E
Hong Kong, China
“Serenity, beauty and pleasure”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in July 2014

I rented the place in July 2013 (not available as an option today anymore, therefore I had to put 2014 !) and travelled alone.
I have been treated like a princess, no, like a queen should I say, by the fantastic team (at least 5 or 6 people all working at the villa).
I felt so calm and relaxed in this beautifully arranged villa that I would recommend it for a retreat or a reflexion holiday. It is a bit remote but that makes it especially relaxing and peaceful.
For big families it is also ideal, with a wonderful refreshing pool, several bedrooms, the beach nearby and many things to see around.
The villa is just simply gorgeous, arranged and decorated with taste, and yet very cosy.
The food (3 meals per day !) prepared by the Chef Koko is simply delicious and the team is ready to prepare anything on demand.
What more is there to say ?
Yes the team also shows you the neighbourhood, by foot, scooter or car and brings you anywhere you want.

It is just paradise !
Making me want to go back there hopefully any day soon.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Large groups People with pets
436pierre...
Brussels, Belgium
“Simply the Garden of Eden !”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Five minutes drive from the main road of Bali and its heavy traffic ! And suddenly,behind a last bend,you discover an other world where there is no place for any kind of stress...where everything has been thought for your serenity and where you just let yourself go to your own rhythm...A few days of such Zen attitude boost you for a while...!

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Matheo_de...
Montreal, Canada
“Bali at its finest !”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Shanti Lodge was the ultimate perfect stop after a month of backpacking across Indonesia!
I have been lucky enough to have traveled quite a bit and stayed in a lot of different places but Shanti Lodge has been like no others: an absolutely unique and incredible experience.
Everything is perfect and beautiful, from its bedrooms facing rice fields (showering while watching the sun rising is a must) to the magical infinity swimming pool.
The staff has been extremely kind to us; they will assist you in planning any types of excursions or even for a massage/yoga class next to the swimming pool (really worth it !).
The cook Koko is exceptionally talented, I don't think there are any words to describe how delicious and tasty every single dish is! The bread is homemade everyday and all vegetables/fruits come directly from the market.
After spending 3 days at Shanti Lodge I felt totally re-energized and relaxed, ready to start a new year!
I don't think my Indonesian trip would have been the same without the Shanti Lodge experience!
I strongly suggest to anyone staying in Bali to experience at least 1 night at Shanti Lodge, I promise you won't regret it!

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Luanasalt...
Montreal, Canada
“A Little Moment in Paradise”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Shanti Lodge is a dreamy place in the middle of rice fields and a lush forest. It is the ideal place to relax and reenergise.
The staff is amazing and the chef, 'coco', will make every single meal a true delight. Also, for surf fanatics, the house is only few minutes away from the perfect Balian Beach break.
I strongly recommend Shanti Lodge; you will not find a better place to experience the magic and beauty of the island.

Liked best: The scenery
Liked least: Nothing
Large groups
Leo M
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Dream like experience, Couldn't ask for more”
Reviewed 25 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I arrived at Shanti Lodge just after sunset. Nice light up to the buildings and kind and helpful staff's smile could tell, my stay is going to be a good one.

But I was wrong.

When I woke up, I've got slapped by this gobsmacking view. Untouched true side of bali's nature.

I could hear the cows and birds in distance made the best BGM for the morning.

I strolled towards the kitchen, was thinking about making a coffee but then this smell. Smell of the freshly toasted bread. I usually do not have a breakfast but I could not resist to eat the toasts with whatever styled eggs you could ask for and of course, fresh tropical fruits.
I still remember that I was thinking what accomplishment did I make in my life to deserve this.

After breakfast, I went over to the poolside and read my book and dipped in the pool. Big swimming pool is located on the small hill part of the property and I was looking down and found this small hut type of house. I walked over and found the nicest toilet of the lodge. I'm not joking, if you are reading this review you have got to go check the view from the toilet.

For lunch and dinner, my favorite chef of all time, Koko prepares the amazing dish. I just simply wanna hire him for my private cook. But I didn't. Not just yet. While you are staying in Shanti Lodge, do not go out for meal. Eat in.
He speaks really well english as well and he can sort you out for rental motor bike, yoga teacher delivery to the lodge, massage and many other things.

So my expectation that "my stay was gonna be a good one", I was really wrong. My stay was way beyond good, I don't know if the word exceptional would be enough to explain to you how memorable, impressed to the core and how much I fell in Love with Shanti Lodge.

If you get to meet Koko, please tell him that I said hi :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious garden and the beautiful scenery
Liked least: That I'm not the owner
Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing