“A charming host for a charming little warung”
Review of The Bukit Artha

The Bukit Artha
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Sidemen
Cuisines: Chinese, Indonesian
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I visited here a number of times as I was staying at the Bukit Artha homestay, located just behind the warung. Coming from Ubud, the host's friendliness and enthusiasm initially had me concerned as I had seen it before, but after a little while I realised he really is just that charming!

The Balinese food was fantastic, with some serious flavours going on. The only con for some people would be that the food does take a while to arrive, but that's only because everything is made from scratch, fresh once you order it.

I would highly recommend the place to all visitors in Sidemen and if you're not coming to Sidemen, change your plans. The place is beautifully tranquil surrounded by hills and rice fields!

1  Thank Tom R

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stopped, having seen the good trip advisor reviews, for lunch. The owner was very keen, encouraged us in off the street. Bad sign! Anyway, the food was very poor, easily the most disappointing nasi goreng I had in three weeks on Bali. Adding government and service charge (it's an owner run warung) only made it worse. The "Bali warung", in the same village was much tastier... and better value.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

It is a welcoming place and the food is very good... waiting time is a bit long but you can entertain yourself with reading the extensive guestbook (with very good reviews)...

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We got a very genuinely warm welcome of our hospitable host. He and wife went the extra mile to make us happy: "you happy we happy". He even adjusted one of the dishes to get it fully to our liking. If your not looking to walk the beaten food track like myself, the cook will take you to a truly wonderful and savoury Balinese journey. I particularly unjoyed the tuna in banana leaves.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I appreciated this address because it is simple,good,healthy (not only fried dishes), held by a couple that is welcoming and gives you the impression to be at home.It was the first time in Bali I did not feel like a tourist.I strongly recommend if you look for authenticity!