All reviews private pool menjangan island beach front beachfront villa outdoor kitchen landscaped gardens villa number main pool smiling staff booked villa living area loved our stay here day bed each morning nice villa ocean view small garden
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

A wonderful place. We were in villa number 5 and loved it. My 4 year old son spent the whole time in the pool and improved his swimming! The villas are beautiful and so spacious. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. The spa is very nice and the girls sweet as can be. The dining area on the beach is paradise and the girls really nice also. You can snorkel right in front of the resort. They have a activity center where they adapt to what to do and your child (they adapted a trek so that my son could do it). There are several five centers in the area and you can learn freediving also. You get a good bargain with the services! The only negative point: our son got a rash after swimming in the main pool. But the staff was helpful and they checked the pool right away. Thank you amertha!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
sandi_artana121, Front Office Manager at Amertha Bali Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Mr/s zouigirl

Warmest Greeting from Amertha Bali Villas ..........

My sincerest thanks for your generous and detailed review on TripAdvisor during your stay with us.

We are more than happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for complementing our facilities and our staffs as well your willing to recommend our private villas. We will continue doing our best to serve better in the future.

Please do recommend us to family and friends and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future with more memorable experiences.

Sandi
Amertha Bali Villas Family..

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I had booked an oceanview suite, not exactly knowing what to expect. Turned out I booked one of the amazing oceanview villas. I believe they have 6 total, 2 villas always share one pool. I had picked the hotel in part because the photos of their pool with the mountain view looked so great...but then I never used that pool since I had my own.

Clearly these are targeted to honeymooners and the hotel staff used every chance they got to point out that it's weird that I am staying in one as a solo traveler. That was super annoying...can I not have a villa with ocean view when I am traveling by myself? Why do they care? Even at the restaurant I felt discriminated for being a solo traveler, but the restaurant has a very boring and expensive menu anyway and there are much better options in town.

I was very excited about snorkeling the bio rock but unfortunately my first day the visibility was terrible. The second day I booked a trip to snorkel Menjangan Island, which was fun. Not best snorkeling I have experienced and sadly a lot of dead coral (we saw tourists and guides stand on coral while we were there - unbelievable how ignorant some pope are) but a great experience. Didn't book thru the hotel the because they charged 100k more than the companies in town.
But then on my last day I went back to bio rock and this time the view was great and I loved seeing it. It's so different, like a bunch of rusty sculptures on the bottom of the ocean.

Another downside I think guests should be warned about: There is a mosque in Pemuteran so you wake up at 5:30am to the call of the muezzin. Obviously this is an issue all over town, not just at Amertha.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank jannedog
sandi_artana121, Front Office Manager at Amertha Bali Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Mrs. jannedog

Warmest Greeting from Amertha Bali Villas ..........

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

Your words of appreciation for our product, amenities and our service are truly appreciated.
We have noted your feedback on the restaurant, snorkeling ,especially at menjangan island and about mosque, we would like to share that we are in the process of getting solution . While I am sorry to note that you found something that made you uncomfortable.

We value your feedback and remain thankful for your continued patronage and will remain hopeful of your continued visits.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

this is a place from home never have I been so happy all staff amazing amertha is made on a place so beautiful I nearly divorced my new wife and married it along with the chefs that would go out of there way to make some thing special for you. e.g lobster was amazing in a great soy sauce. staff make you feel more like a king than a tourist the bungalows are beautiful especially 3b . cleaners never have I seen so friendly before and as for the gardeners if you asked they would cut your own garden back home. every one works with a smile and pemerturan will put a smile on your face every morning. could write for ever on what's so great here . just go there and see for yourself is my advice you won't be let down

1  Thank Ian H
sandi_artana121, Front Office Manager at Amertha Bali Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Mr/s Ian H

My sincerest thanks for your generous review of your stay at Amertha Bali Villas and for taking your valuable time to share this review with the TripAdvisor .

We pride ourselves as service professionals to always deliver reliable, genuinely caring and timely service to our valued guests , with that being said, nothing is more rewarding than a satisfied guest. We are so gladly to hear that you have enjoyed every moments of genuine services provided by our team. We love to do the job with smiles, your kind words are much appreciated and will be passed on to our teams and it will encourage and motivate them to keep up their good work.

Once again I thank you so much concerning your review of our service. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Very rustic in beautiful grounds. Not everything works we had problem with AC in first villa but got moved second day. Door handle fell off in second villa but none of this mattered as we felt we were in the real Bali. Crystal clear waters, black sands, fishing boats, excellent dive schools and lovely beach restaurants beats the south any day. Breakfast was good and the meal we had one evening excellent. Villas have own pools but the communal one is nice with often no one in it. Sun beds on beach and excellent value spa. Would definitely recommend.

Dear Mr/s morris830

On behalf of Amertha Bali Villas Teams, I would like to thank you so much for choosing our resort for your stay and taking your time to share a review on the TripAdvisor

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us proved to be extremely memorable and that you enjoyed your experience at our villa , and I am glad that you were able to appreciate the facilities, food , spa etc. And we also truly apologize for your inconvenience caused regarding of AC and handle of the door, to be sure that we have taken into account of your remarks in order to further more improve our quality.

We are so grateful for your support and will remain hopeful of your continued visits.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We stayed with two families at this hotel in two villas with a private pool. All the villas are spacious and well maintained and all come with private pools. There are many different type of villas within the garden setting and all have their own unique style or atmosphere.
The common area near the beach is quite simple with a very nice pool and ideal for watching the sun rise.

Room tip: Each villa is unique. All beautiful and spacious. You simply can not go wrong in your pick.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jeroen J
sandi_artana121, Front Office Manager at Amertha Bali Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Mr/s Jeroen J

Warmest Greeting from Amertha Bali Villas......

Thank you for this lovely review that you have shared with the TripAdvisor community.

The team is delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that they could contribute in making your stay with us a memorable one. Your generous appreciation is a great source of encouragement to the team in their efforts to exceed guest expectations.