Everything about this hotel was great except for two things. I'll start with the good, though. The staff was absolutely fabulous. They were training the weekend we were there, so there were lots of staff on hand, and everywhere you went everyone said hello with a smile. Everyone was very helpful. We had a standard room (cheapest) and it was relatively good value for money. The room was fine, bed was comfortable, bathroom was nice. We didn't spend much time in the room anyhow since there is plenty to do around Menjangan Island and Pemuteran (diving, snorkeling, hiking, etc). They have a restaurant right on the beach but the food is pretty average.
Now for the downsides:
1. The amount of trash on the beach and in the water was truly unimaginable. I can't believe that between all of the hotels in Pemuteran they can't spare a few staff each to do a huge beach cleanup a couple of times a day. We were there in the rainy season, which means a lot of trash from Indonesia is carried into West Bali. But that doesn't mean it should just be left there in the water. We spent a lot of our time there just picking up plastic. We even found a hypodermic needle in the sand.
2. The hotel offered wifi for $6 per hour. To me, this is ridiculous. I have been living in Bali and know that wifi is readily available (for free) nearly everywhere you go. To pay $6 per hour is just outrageous. Even though this hotel was very nice, I wouldn't go back just because they don't offer free wifi. For those of us who sometimes have to bring our work along on holiday with us, we can't afford to be in a place that doesn't allow us to use our computer.
Other than those two things, it was a very pleasant weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taman Sari Bali Far removed from the busy Bali tourist centers, the unspoiled northwest offers a view into the uniqueness of Bali. Still undeveloped, with nature and marine parks preserving the area, one finds a grand expanse of coconut groves and beautiful ancient templesdotting the landscape. The magnificent volcanoes of Java are a perfect backdrop forspectacular sunrises and sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Agoda and Wotif.com so you can book your Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taman Sari Bali Resort And Spa
- Taman Sari Bali Hotel Pemuteran
- Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa Pemuteran