“Simple local restaurant with good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warung SUSU - CLOSED

Warung SUSU
Cuisines: Indonesian, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Singapore
“Simple local restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Was in Pemuteran for a few days and looking around for a decent place for my dinners. Read the recommendations here and decided to try it out. Read somewhere that they can pick you up and send you back to your hotel in Pemuteran. Tried the local handphone number provided and indeed the guy on the other end of the line said very politely that they will pick me up in 15 mins time (although I told them I am dining alone, they still bothered to pick me up). Indeed, 15 mins later, a young man by the name of Ketut turned up at the resort in his cool VW Kuebelwagen. Ketut is very friendly and we had a nice little chat during our less than 5 mins drive to the restaurant. The food is reasonably priced (not as cheap as mentioned in other reviews) and the food is fresh The people is nice and accommodating.
First night I had Grilled Barracuda, second night I had Grilled chicken, third night I had Grilled seafood. Highly recommended is the Bali Sauce. It's one of the nicest I had tried. Looked like sambal chilli, but it's not spicy. Tasty. The main course portion is not so big, but would be more advisable to order a full meal (appetiser, main course and dessert).

Would recommend this little simple restaurant opposite Matahari Hotel and next to the Pemuteran Village Gate.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank kwoong

Singaraja, Indonesia
“balinese foods,,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

comfortable restaurant,,
please try to come there for enjoy the meals,,
enjoy your time with the staff there,,,

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank jentotboi
australia
“GOOD VALUE, GOOD SERVICE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

We spent a week in Pemuteran in the beginning of January and had many of our meals at Warung SUSU. The meals were good and the service which we got from "Mr Rede" was great.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank dekky
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“such a pleasant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

My husband and I were staying nearby at the Amertha Bali Villas and wanted to try a different restaurant for dinner one night. We had read about this warung on tripadvisor and wanted to check it out. It is nicer than the average roadside warung and the service was excellent. Our very friendly waiter chatted with us about our stay in Pemuteran and we walked back to the kitchen area to watch the friendly ladies cook our food. They explained where the fish was purchased and let us ask questions too. My husband and I both had seafood with "Bali sauce." I had the mahimahi which was flaky and delicious. My husband had a mixed grill. We also had the tomato soup which was made fresh and was excellent. Overall, a very nice escape from the resorts in Pemuteran!

• Visited December 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank hinalea
uk
“Dont miss if you are in Permuteran”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

Easy to miss but on the main road. We went with indonesians and the food was fantastic. Freshly caught fish, everything cooked in front of you. very cheap, truly awesome.

• 3 of 5 bubbles