USD 367
USD 267
Agoda.com
Bayad Ubud Bali Villa(Payangan)(Great Value!)
USD 106
USD 82
Agoda.com
Ayung Resort Ubud(Payangan)(Great Value!)
USD 315
USD 158
Villa Wastra(Payangan)(Great Value!)
USD 89
USD 85
USD 78
Agoda.com
Adiwana Dara Ayu Villas(Payangan)(Great Value!)
USD 212
USD 200
Bersila(Payangan)(Great Value!)
USD 55
Alila Ubud(Payangan)
USD 552
USD 770
USD 737
All reviewspersonal assistantspring poolsterrace suitewellness programraw foodwellness retreattirta eningglow restaurantthe riveryoga classesspa treatmentsshared poolfour seasonsgrounds are stunningheaven on earthbutler servicenatural beauty
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed in COMO with my 2 siblings and my toddler in one of the treatment villas. From the start to the end, Como exudes an understated luxury in the grounds and service which I liked. It is an old resort, unlike the shiny new Balinese resorts but this for me is part of the charm. Older resorts mean the staff already run the place like clockwork. I wanted to book the Private Villas but was told they are not available but I suspect they wanted to market out the Treatment Villas or reserve the Private villas for more important guests or irregulars.
First let's list the good stuff:
1. I booked a 3 day de-stress wellness program me. Loved the yoga sessions, one of which is conducted by the Ayuervedic doc there and the other by the sweet and unassuming Mark Chavez, whom I liked so much I booked another paid session with him for my sister and I. The only thing is the good doc says he will email me details f the yoga poses etc.. and I never received anything...
2. The food - every thing is healthy, yummy and clearly of a good quality - and imaginative. Just my four days there and I feel so much better. My next trip will be at least a 5 or 7 days wellness programe. Loved too the outdoor Yoga Bale where i spent some alone time meditating...
3. Loved the beautiful grounds and outdoor spa areas just on the slopes of the Ayung valley - if not for the fact that I am constantly worrying that my 3.5 YO boy will run off the edge... (not exactly right for kids below 8 I must say but if u are willing to keep constant vigilance... it's ok)
4. Most of the staff are amazing - the beautiful wait staff at Glow and the other restaurant who makes it a point to play with my son and chat with him. You can see some of the younger girls kept wanting to play with him which is great... (which parent will not appreciate people thinking their child is cute... but we know when they are sincere... and in this case this was...)
5. No over the top gimmicky luxury... just simple good taste in all things.

The not so good stuff (but not exactly bad too):
1. cleanliness - bed covers was a little dirty but we asked it to be changed. Mosquito net was dirty too, but when we asked for it to be changed, we were told they need dry-cleaning and materials are very expensive?!? We didn't insist - cos we figure this is a jungle so 'ommmm..... we let it pass...'
2. Most of the staff are amazing - just 2 little points. While we can't afford to fault our PA on any major incident at all and he does get better over the days... we feel that he is a little busy and just a tad bit stressed or harassed (by other stuff not by us)... that we didn't feel we should bother him so much. Perhaps it was a bad day for him for a day... but i just feel that since I feel i am here to de-stress, we can do with a calmer, more smiley PA? He took all the right steps and all say mostly all the right things but it's the intuitive service - the sincerity and willingness in wanting to help that's a little lacking, and might i say just a little. In this, we found Banyan Tree Ungasan, whose staff is probably less experienced but have this in abundance, but they were really sincere in wanting to help in all aspects.
3. One time, we had slightly brusque service at breakfast which surprised and slightly alarmed us cos most time the staff are amazing - then we figure out the service staff had a small tiff amongst themselves - but once resolved, they were back to their smiling selves again.

Other than this, we will be back and we will recommend this place to friends who wants to de-stress... and my 3YO learnt a new word in his vocabulary - he was at the bookshops and where he saw a coffee table book with beautiful homes or resort - he says 'mommy, Como Shambala!'

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank daliesque
BaliManager, General Manager at COMO Shambhala Estate, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Daliesque,

Thank you for your comprehensive review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that on most aspects that you enjoyed your stay, and embraced the wellness ethos of The Estate, as well as the modalities on offer. Thank you for highlighting how much you have enjoyed your Yoga classes with Dr. Deepak and Mark Chavez.

I am concerned and deeply apologetic to know that the bedcover was not changed upon your request, and service from your PA, and service at one of the breakfasts was less than perfect. The answer you were given about changing the mosquito net and bed covers is unacceptable, and I am truly sorry that your were given this reply. Your comments are taken very seriously and I assure you that remedial training and teaching will be given to our team members to further perfect the intuitive style of service and genuine, friendly, calm service style, for which COMO Shambhala Estate is known.

Regrettably the Private Villas which you had requested have recently had some noise and privacy disturbance from a neighboring building project, therefore we have taken those rooms out of our available inventory, as to avoid any discomfort for COMO Shambhala guests. Our Retreat Vila was the best option for you, affording you privacy and the ability to stay with your three and half year old son. The Residence rooms have communal areas and guests ages to 16 and older can stay in the Residence room categoroes.

Thank you once again for such a comprehensive review. We appreciate your comments about the things you liked and the things which can be fine tuned and imporved upon.

We look forward to one day welcoming you back to COMO Shambhala Estate again.

Sincere regards,

Email john.halpin@cse.comoshambhala.bz
Website cse.como.bz

PART OF THE COMO GROUP

Reviewed 11 April 2012

It is a dream comes true to visit Como Shambhala Estate. As there is no doubt that there are many luxurious resort hotels in Bali, Como's exclusivity lies in its amazing beautiful greenery landscape.
There are not many villas within the resort and we stayed in Umabona (House of Earth) for 2 nights, which is located furthest from the lobby and a tad quieter. In fact, there aren't many guests in the Estate and probably more staff than guests here ;). The room is themed (Majaphahit), luxurious with the usual amenities and daily turn down service.
Breakfast is organic, wholesomely healthy and tasty.
Pool is either within the compound of individual residence or at the natural spring pool whereby you takes a path journey through terrains, half way down the mountainside. There is a open air bathroom hidden overlooking the Agung River, thanks to an American couple who notify us.
No complains on Spa treatment, it is great with professional mastery and care by therapists.
We were delighted with the kind obligation of the complimentary 1-way airport transfer. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Clear_Brook_Rae
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was a bit skeptical about this place and actually all places that say retreat. Well this place lived up to its reputation. I was also a bit worried about going on my own.
The moment I left the airport,(very jet lagged) One of there people were there to take me to the Como car with a cold drink & refreshing towel.
Once arriving at the hotel, they assign a PA to you. Who looks after you totally. They unpack your suitcase, whilst you can have a drink or a bite to eat.
The food was so delicious, all healthy stuff mind you. the breakfasts were out of this world.
The massages, daily activities etc. all perfect. The staff can not do enough for you and not sure how they all know you by your name the moment you arrive.
The setting in the jungle with a river flowing just below was breathtaking, the rooms were spacious with large outside areas.
Met some lovely like minded people. Have come back really refreshed and a lot healthier.
Thank you Como!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kitbed
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Traveled with my 60 year old Mom and stayed in Umabona, the most decadent of the residences. It was one of the greatest rooms we've ever had and highly recommend the resort and residence. The tub with clawed feet as well as an outdoor shower were very nice touches.

We took a three day wellness package and loved it -- the inclusion of the food package was an added plus as the food, although five star caliber, is expensive.

In particular, we loved the staff doing the wellness classes. Mark the meditation instructor has become a daily reference to us -- he changed our lives and we are hoping to return for more classes. It doesn't get much better than meditation overlooking a deep gorge in the jungle. The guys leading the hydrotherapy class are a blast, and the ladies at Kudos are spectacular - so kind and attentive.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Calif0rnia007
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I have now been twice to this estate, two years apart. Both visits were great. The food, staff, activities and environment are all fabulous. Say no more.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple