“A wonderful experience for eyes and taste buds!”
Review of Vivilore

Vivilore
Ranked #6 of 267 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018

A friend recommended this restaurant and on our next trip to Kansas City we decided to experience it. It's great! Part of the restaurant felt like a museum and part the nice, old part of Independence. It was pretty crowded in the waiting area and we had no resersvations. The hostess (later we think she is also the owner) found a table for four and we sere steated in just a few minutes. Our server, Daniel, was VERY helpful, knowledgeable, and fun too. His recommendations were spot on and excellent. We started with a glass of wine and shared the Crab Cakes among the four of us. Two in our group had the Lobster Rolls and they were tender and tasty. I had the Chicken Salad Sandwich which was the best I've ever eaten. Lots more than just chicken, mayo, and some celery! It was served with housemade chips which everyone loved. Another had the Catfish and Chips which was very tasty also. After lunch we walked through all three stories of the home/building and looked at all the unique items and displays. It was a fun afternoon! We're planning on returning in the spring/summer to enjoy the gardens and lunch outside.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

I always sit outdoors. The landscaping details, the positioning of the seating, the ambience of this restaurant coupled with the food is world class. I always take time to walk around and check out the art and antique artifacts. This is not just a come in and dine. It’s a total an experience. And the food...exquisite!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Well this is my third review on the Restaurant and this time I was there for my birthday. All of my friends in the Kansas City area know that it's my favorite of anyplace in the Country so that's where we went. Unfortunately it seemed to be n "off night" and the five of us we were practically the only people there. I always go for there lobster roll and it just wasn't up to par. Still my favorite for the beauty and atmosphere but the food was slightly off a bit. Everyone else loved there's so it was the lobster or perhaps me.

1  Thank rickthomas2015
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I had not been to Vivilore at night for patio dining in a while. It was a perfect 10 night for weather and the garden could not have been more gorgeous. The food was amazing. We started with the Lobster Rolls for an appetizer and I had the apricot glazed salmon. The piece of salmon was huge. I can't say anything bad about this place. The food is excellent.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Our senior group recently dined at Vivilore. They had our table ready at the appointed time and were very attentive to our needs. The food was delicious, the service exceptionable and after dinner drinks on the patio was very enjoyable!