“Less than impressed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I grew up in the area and wanted to go back to see a restaurant I had heard about. The building is very attractive and the interior is charming. My husband and I went for lunch and were seated in the bar area. We had reservations so I was expecting a better choice of seating. The prices were high - $16 for a reuben sandwich but it was very good. The service was okay. I expected a little more small town friendly. We probably won't be going there again.

1  Thank Joan E

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Vivilore does no advertising, is not on a main trafficway and does not have significant signage visible from the road. There will be no walk in traffic. The customer service experience was excellent, the menu selections were unexpected and the food was excellent. It's a very eclectic environment that doubles as a retail store selling antiques and unusual home décor items. We were fortunate enough to meet (C?) Kathy the owner who told us they have been open for 5 years. She insisted we tour their patio and gardens with her and found it gorgeous. Enthusiastic thumbs up rating, It is priced as a fine dining establishment but the value is there.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and atmosphere! Brought my mom here for Mother's Day lunch And was very impressed. After lunch we walked around the grounds and enjoyed the gardens.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Met friends and family for my daughter's 40th birthday. It was a bit pricey but was an all evening dining experience. Staff and owner was friendly and helpful. I baked a birthday cake and they plated it and added ice cream for free! Gardens and available dining were absolutely beautiful! You can also shop within the restaurant. Antiques mixed with new items and displayed by a professional. Go once in your life!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I took a chance and booked a reservation for a group of friends at Vivilore after finding it online. Their immediate response was "Oh, Wow!" when we walked in. Elegant, yet casual if that's possible. You'll find lovely dining rooms decorated with all kinds of garden decor. The second floor features lots of unusual home decor, garden art and gifts for sale. The biggest surprise is the outdoor courtyard in back. It's filled with flowers, plants, babbling fountains, interesting and fun garden art, and even a parrot. And, did I mention the flowers? The courtyard is absolutely gorgeous and it's the end of August when most gardens are looking tacky from the heat of summer. Next time I want a table in the courtyard. Go visit the Harry Truman home and library and enjoy lunch (or dinner) at Vivilore. It will be a memorable day!