See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Arrived in group, all rooms supposed to be arranged, it was chaos. Some upstairs who for mobility reasons specifically requested ground floor. Also twin rooms or queen bed rooms also chaotic. The management were unhelpful to say the least. I can honestly say worst place ever stayed in all my years of travelling. There is ongoing construction with makeshift stairs and ramps (also unsafe), walking up several times to breakfast had flying pieces of concrete nearly hit me. They worked 7 days a week, so noise ongoing from 8am until around 8pm. No cognisance taken of this by management. If had not been with group of prearranged friends that all booked, would have demanded my money back, and moved. This hotel should not be open as unsafe!
On a more positive note breakfast and swim up bar staff lovely. However as due to construction ongoing they use the Y Sports Bar for breakfast, and you don't want about 10 TVs blasting out 8-10am, too loud even to have a conversation!
To boot when checking out the Manager even had the cheek to ask why I was paying by card, when he was at same time looking into my purse saying I could pay in cash for my extras bill. He also did not produce them so had to ask! Never will ever go there again. Also slippery steps outside rooms, which for so called "deluxe poolside room" seen more interesting powder rooms. Totally basic. Not even hairdryer in room.
I also think once construction finished it will be a nightmare as no lifts planned. I have never written such a bad review but feel warranted to warn others.
There are much better options nearby. Plus what made it worse was the management literally did not care about the inconvenience their guests were experiencing. Sad.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lydia S
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Staff are rude. Place is a construction site.DO NOTSTAY HERE. They are theifs. The pool bar gave me a $70 bill for drinks when I was not there that day. Then when I explained to manager it wasn't my signature they threatened to call police. CRIMINALS

Stayed: March 2017
6  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The hotel was under major renovations we were not aware of. The pool area is tiny and not much of a garden either despite the name. The room was big but shabby and in need of renovation. The restaurant was a loud sports bar with lots of big screens, and for live entertainment there was live dwarf boxing!! The food was mediocre. The beach was filthy albeit not the locals fault as gash came in from the sea and it is a constant battle to be rid of it. In all we were not impressed with the hotel or Bali. The staff and folks are generally really nice, but we were constantly harassed to buy the usual tat! I will not be back again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cookie1242
Reviewed 22 February 2017

This used to be a lovely garden villa style hotel. As with other reviewers our taxi driver couldn't find it. The front had been wiped out and replaced by a construction site for a future standard multi story hotel surrounding a pool.
Dust, noise and a lack of privacy for at least a year and the loss of a charming resort. We stayed the night and looked up alternatives in the morning. We moved to The Sun Hotel and Resort for the remaining 3 nights for less cost and had a great time. Thank goodness for internet.
There were some good points. the staff didn't argue with our cancellation and were friendly and helpful. The room we had was one of the old villas at the back of the property which although well worn was comfortable and quiet.
We spoke to guests who stayed on. It seems that you can get a room for $15 a night and if you keep away for the daylight hours it is bearable. We are too old for that.
There is no common area, no proper guest services, no breakfast service,
Give it a miss unless you find the YHA too expensive.

Room Tip: An old villa at the rear of the property
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Graeme L
Reviewed 21 February 2017

So this is the 2nd time i have stayed at this hotel the 1st being in March 2015, so did not feel the need to look at it on Trip Advisor,, How wrong can you be.
The Hotel is in Full Construction mode, the noise every day is constant, we were not pre warned by anyone that this hotel was in full construction. So basically they are building a brand new building to the front of the old hotel. On their website they mention nothing of the construction but do say that they are a iconic hotel that finished construction in 2013,,, what a load of lies that is..
The old rooms are being totally neglected as the new build goes up.
The linen is grey and old with stains that we had to ask to be changed, the 1st room we were put in had a disgusting old plastic shower head that was dirty and covered in limescale, the toilet seat was yellow stained and broken.
After being moved to another room, this room was no better in that the door did not even fit properly and had to be pushed closed and deadlocked from the inside to keep in shut. The glasses that we were given were still dirty from the previous guests and covered in tooth paste, The bathroom ceiling was covered in what looked like water damage. The curtain on the only window had to be unhooked from the hooks to actually open it. The paving on the walkways has huge gaps missing and quite dangerous to walk on at night as it is very dark.
The pool is still open but you would be crazy to swim in it because of the dust etc flying around from the construction and of course the noise
I know it is a budget hotel but to be honest you can get 100% better hotels out there for approx $10 more per night, the only good thing about it, is the location,,,
Even the Taxi driver that dropped us one day thought it was hilarious that the hotel was still taking guests,
Absolutely the worst hotel i have ever stopped in anywhere in the world

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple