All reviews private pool minute walk eggs cooked bed linen air con outdoor shower a bit tired egg station a great place to stay mini bar mee goreng ground floor stayed here for nights hot water pool towels taxi villa
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Positive asspects of staying here:
We got to our accommodation and got a welcome drink, a smile and shown to our room. We thought it was the bees knees, gorgous entrance, swimming pool, lovely room is what we asked for.

We chilled out in the pool and then headed to town for shopping and dinner.

Food:
The next day our breakfast was yummy, scabbled eggs, or you could request fried or omlette if you wanted as the staff was right there ready to cook it for you. When the pancakes ran low they cook replenished it or you just asked for more - banana pancakes are sooo yummy, bacon, pastries, bread for toast, butter and selection of jams, strawberry and pineapple - like yummy! and also indonesian noodles, oh better not forget the fresh fruit platter - watermelon, pineapple, papaya, strawberries. Big thumbs up to that!! I did try one of their burgers and loved it and the non-alcoholic drinks.

Room:
Our room was great, good view of the pool and garden, it was clean on a daily basis and replenished with clean linen. Aircon is a must in Bali I am so happy we had that in our room.

Location:
The hotel is only a short walk (15mins) from the township. Cheap restaurants to eat at, plenty bargains to barter.

Downfall of staying here:
Language barrier and lack of tourist attraction information of day excursions in Bali. The hotel shuttle service isn't great, its only for airport service, If we wanted to get dropped off at a show further down town and get picked up we had to ring for a taxi. In that respect not really helpful.

Room tip: aircon and mini fridge, spacious
Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This was my second time staying here and I think it is good value for money. It is small and not that busy with good service and nice staff. We had a very relaxing time at the lovely pool area and it is only a short taxi ride to get to Kuta/seminyak for a night out. If you want to take walk somewhere the location might not be that great.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We arrive in Bali and met with our transfer guides as scheduled. Were picked up and were promptly taken to Villa Diana Bali. We arrive at Villa Diana Bali did all the usual formalities. We paid for our entire stay on the credit card that was used as holding deposit for the room.
We are attending a wedding in Bali and my mother and partner are staying at Villa Diana Bali also.
In our hotel package we were to receive,
• Return airport transfers
• Full daily breakfast
• 2 free bottles of water daily
We arrive in the restaurant for breakfast on our first day. The food was some of the worst I have ever experienced in all my life. The breakfast consisted of sliced ham which had dried out and become cold, Frankfurt sausages that were cut open and dried out, fried rice which generally consisted of frozen veg, Singapore noodle whick again consisted of frozen veg and mainly noodles. The coffee was definitely hands down the worst I have ever experienced. I ended up making myself a cup of nescafe instant that was not much better, cold and dry pancakes, so I thought I would be safe with some toast. But the butter portions had split and the pineapple jam was awful.
A few days later we needed water and they had not cleaned our room yet and we were told that we had to pay full price for the water.
They advertise free wifi, but if you want to use your computer with the wifi connection in your room think again. It only reaches to the restaurant.
We decide to try the lunch at the hotel. Wed should of known better. We ordered a bowl of chips. They were cooked until almost black and were so hard. We ordered garlic bread, which also was so hard, obviously stale bread.
We return home from dinner and drinks and want some additional water for the room. We ask the receptionist if we could purchase some water, they told us that we couldn’t have the water because they are not allowed to open the fridge. Mind you the fridge is in the reception area.
We are scheduled to leave today. Having booked and paid for return airport transfers we expect that the car will be ready at 12:00pm as we have a flight at 2:30pm. I go up at 11:30 to make sure that the car will be ready. I am told by the receptionist that the car is not available and we should of booked it 1 day in advance. I told them that they requested all our flight details so I assume they knew when we would need the car for airport transfer.
My mother goes to finalize her room bill and was informed that it needs to be paid in full by cash only. She was told that she could not pay with the credit card that they used to pay for the room upon arrival. I have never in all my years of travelling heard of this before.
L would never recommend this hotel to anyone and if this hotel is in the area your are looking for then I would urge you to look else where as this is right on a smelly canal.

Room tip: Look some where else.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank scotty180676
Reviewed 4 September 2012

we stayed here on our way to a wedding. It is a great little place not to busy it is a bit of a walk from the beach doable but it takes awhile.. but theres plenty of transport around and its a few minutes in a taxi.Close to shopping and some nice resturants on a main street and a local market where we had some great food. a bit quieter area compared to friends who stayed in kuta but easy to get into Kuta when you need to and close to seminyak also.
Nice pool area, good food friendly staff.
Only bad point we booked last minute and got the room above the kitchen i think this made the plumbing a bit iffy because it would clung and bang when we had a shower and the tempurature would change all the time. but that was the only problem with the room

Room tip: Ground floor rooms are a bit bigger, rooms in the fences area are also very nice, ( friends travelling with us were in this one, they had a deluxe room
Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The accomodation was as good as it gets for a budget stay. The rooms were extremely comfortable. The staff were excellent and really what do you expect for your money - excellent and accomodating staff, excellent pool, room very comfortable, spacious and well appointed for Bali. Very good location.

Room tip: Select a poolside room and be prepared to step down into the bath for a hand held shower.
Date of stay: August 2012