All reviews eggs cooked nice pool air con egg station mini bar mee goreng ground floor stayed here for nights hot water taxi villa bali poolside
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Fair walk to Kuta square as it's located by the river. Not many taxi drivers know where it is but it's a cheap ride from the main part of Jln Legian. Took us about an hour to walk to the Hard Rock Cafe, for example.

First night we were upgraded to the master bedroom of the villa which was amazing, had an open living room and private pool. No complaints there.

The rest of our time has been/will be spent in a deluxe room (still here). Travellers beware that the rooms shown on the website are deceitful. Our deluxe is no way near close to what is shown.

The buffet is ok. A few options provided but eggs can be made to your desires.

Staff are friendly and helpful and can be a bit noisy early in the morning.

Room Tip: Try to get a good deal in one of the 3 villas
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yodathedog
Reviewed 9 July 2011

The resort definitely needs a face lift and some refurbishment at least, especially since Bali has many other accommodations options to offer. The whole place looked jaded and not very inviting.

This is perhaps one of the more mediocre hotels I have stayed in by far. Breakfast spread was poor. Food was cold even though it was very early morning (before we headed for the daily tour). No toiletries (or very basic ones) provided so do bring your own.

If you are not fussed about comfort and will probably be out most of the day, this could be it for you. We literally dumped our bags and wasted no time to check out the attractions in town.

Overall, I'd say it was a borderline pleasant accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mccheah
Reviewed 21 May 2011

After landing at ngurah airport , went to stay here. The life is around the pool . The rooms that open out to the pool are rather cool.. However the over all standard of the rooms , bathroom is just ok. The Breakfast is regular and since the place was 50 % occupied , there was no rush... Acces to the Semyanak beach and its restaurants and places of interest was in fact better than the beach side activites at Kuta, which was accesible by taxi. Over all reasonable value for money.

Room Tip: Facing the pool
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rahimev
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I was travelling alone and really looking forward to my stay in Bali, but once checked in to my room I was so dissapointed.

There was mildew on the curtains and the pool area was so tired, the sunbeds were so old as were the towels.

Staff here spoke very limited English - and made no effort to make any recommendations as to good restaurants on trips to go on.

Breakfasts were terrible, with flies all over the food. Staff just stand around not clearing tables, so I often had to ask for a table to be cleared so I could sit down.

Being a solo traveller I found the location of the hotel very dissapointing. Its at least a 10 min walk in to the town, but once you get to town, be warned there are very few pavements and you take your life in your hands every time you step off a curb.

You need to make sure you've done your research and know where you want to go as you need to get a taxi to take you in to Seminyak in the evenings, and the restaurants are so spread out you can't just wonder and stumble up on places.

Personally I don't get the Bali thing, and having been travelling round SE Asia for 3 weeks prior would rather have spent more time in Cambodia than Bali.

Be warned - buy sun tan lotion before you go as it costs about £15 a bottle.

I would totally recommend going to Ubud - it takes about 2 hours by car and costs approxt 220K IRP one way.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank jsmethers18
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed at Villa DIana for 12 nights and it was brilliant. I was with my fiancee and several other friends. Its right on the border of Legian & Seminyak and about a 10 min walk to Double Six Beach.

Its in a lovely quiet street so you get a great sleep. The rooms are pristine and very modern. The pool is great and we pretty much took over the little pool villa hut in our time there.

They let us leave our stuff there when we went to Ubud and everything was very secure.

The staff are very helpful as well which is great. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the private outdoor shower.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple