“Great family hotel”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This a great family hotel with everything you could need at a very high quality. Our son even got a hair cut in the salon. We stayed as a family of three, my husband & I and our 3 year old son. Our son loved the kids club and it was great that kids over 2 can be left without a parent. Most kids clubs I've seen only allow you to leave children over 4 year old. The breakfast is amazing but very busy so if you want a quieter breakfast try the one by the lagoon pool. It's not as extensive but more relaxing. Our son got sick while we were there and the doctor service provided by the hotel was great and realistically priced. The pools are nice and the service by the pool side is fantastic. Very fast service and great food. The staff are very friendly and are great with children. The location is excellent. Close to everything. I would recommend this hotel to all people, couples, families and singles.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fmacca

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here in March 2012 and the property was very luxurious. We had club room benefits which gave us complimentary canapes and cocktails every afternoon although we only used this feature once because we were out most afternoons exploring or shopping. So I felt maybe this was a bit of a waste for us.
Otherwise the property was stunning. The breakfast was amazing and had plenty of variety. The main pool was relaxing and the bar that looks out over the surf had a great view.
One thing I noticed most of all was the blinds in our room which blocked out the sunlight if you closed them, it was great for getting a sleep in on the sunny days.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanette E
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was my first time to bali and i went with a friend. The padma airport guy was waiting for us and promptly took us to the minivan.
We arrived and were treated so well, I felt like royalty. Our room was lovely, a bit smaller than what I thought but thats just being picky. It was late so we walked to an outside resturant for dinner. Beds were fantastic and I had a great sleep. It was sooo quiet here. The pool is huge and always plenty of day beds in every direction. We were here for 4 days and it wasnt till day 4 that i realised there was a whole other pool we could have used. The resturants were all great. There is nothing I didnt like about the padma, it was fantastic. There was kids but I never heard them as the pool was so big. I would highly reccommend this hotel. Great holiday.

Room Tip: any room seems good here! order on line tho much cheaper
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank tyranasawus
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We just spent 9 days at the Padma it was our third trip to Bali and second to the Padma. The resort is in a great position, service excellent and breakfast "best in the world" The facilities including the pools and gym are world class. We decided to treat ourselves this visit and upgrade to a deluxe Garden club room. This was the only disappointment. The Club facilities and little extras just don't warrant the extra money. While we will definitely be back we won't do the club again. I don't think our expectations were unreasonable we have stayed at other hotels and used their club facilities and always really enjoyed the little extras. When we arrived late it took an extra 25 minutes to check in as we had to go to the "club" to check in (our friends travelling with us was had their first drink before we were in our room. During the day the small Club facilities was over run by children running around which is not what our previous experience of "club" facilities are used for as a result we did not use then at all. But that been said would recommend the Padma any day

Room Tip: Standard rooms on ground floor are best value for money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kim S
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for sharing your review of our resort on TripAdvisor.

I’m glad to know that you liked our resort in general, although the club facilities weren’t up to your expectation. I’ve shared and discussed your comments with my team to find the best way to improve our facilities and services.

I hope that we’ll have another opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

Kindly Regards,

T. Soerjanto

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Balcony Suite! Yes Yes Yes!! This was great for a family!! Or super for 2 couples!!! We stayed with my mother in law and my 7 year old daughter. There was so much space!! And the balcony was awesome too!
We were privelidged with the extra Guest Club benefits - although we didn't use it too much - but the afternoon cocktails were excellent! We also loved loved loved the intimate breakfast at the front of the resort overlooking the ocean! And we had a selection of gorgeous 5 star food cooked to our liking - whereas the full buffet where everyone eats you don't get that type of individual service!
The staff were excellent - even though it was a big resort - all staff were exceptional.
The amenities were great - although things like the mouthwash were not refreshed each day.
The pools were super! We loved the lagoon pool - it was fairly calm and not as busy as many I had seen. It was also a good temperature - some of the pools are quite warm/hot - but this one was nice and refreshing.
The kids club was having some renovations and our daughter was not really wanting to stay by herslef too much - but she did enjoy a morning of nail painting and bamboo painting.
Everything in this resort was lovely and clean and it was a very good location.
I would highly recommend it to people wanting a quality resort holiday close to shopping, beach and restaraunts. It is great for familys and couples alike as I noticed others with kids but it never seemed loud or noisy - but just right! (for anyone worried there was not too many "rougher" types there either as in some hotels. (I don't mean to offend anyone)
We loved it and will be back again as soon as. This is a resort that the staff and management should be extremely proud of!

Room Tip: Loved the 2 bedroom Balcony rooms. Would also love the Lagoon access rooms - but not right in front...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Alison G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.4 km away
2.5 km away
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
0.6 km away
The Magani Hotel and Spa

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!