Legian Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 266*
USD 187*
USD 320*
USD 234*
Hotels.com
USD 282*
USD 97*
Agoda.com
The ONE Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
USD 36*
USD 33*
Agoda.com
All Seasons Legian Bali(Legian)(Great Value!)
USD 103*
USD 37*
Akmani Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
USD 30*
Agoda.com
Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
USD 51*
Agoda.com
Villa Diana Bali(Legian)(Great Value!)
USD 46*
USD 24*
Trip.com
Swiss-Belinn Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
USD 36*
Agoda.com
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
USD 185*
USD 180*
Orbitz.com
All reviewsjalan nakularooms are clean and comfortableair conditioningtaxibali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The staff are extremely friendly and hospitable and the Guest house itself was well beyond my expectations. First of all I have to give a big shout out to Kiyana (who works at the guest house) for making me feel so welcomed and at home. This is what truly made my stay at the guest house perfect. He was not only friendly to talk to but he also arranged everything for me, including a day driver (400,000 for 12 hours), a trip to Gili. T (700,000 return), a ride on the back of his motorbike to safari park (150,000 for pretty much a day trip), traditional Babi Guling (which he personally went out and brought it back to the guest house for me at no cost), arranged a place to get my portraits done (3 portraits with 5 faces 2,400,000 and he also delivered them to us at the airport due to our time constraints), plus advice on everything you need and want to know about Bali. Honestly, he made our trip so easy it was hard for us to leave the place when we had to continue with our travels. Additionally, the other staff were also great to talk to and ask for help. On more than one occasion the security guard would take me on his motorbike to a currency changer (BMC in Seminyak, repped by TA) which I truly appreciated as the guest house is a bit out of the way.

Other highlights include: nice pool, daily serviced rooms, generous amenities (mozzie spray, mozzie wall plug in, universal adaptor, toothbrush, free bottles of water, cable TV, safety deposit box, Dressing robes, mini bar with reasonable prices, hangers, drying room, soap ad handwash, beach towels, and slippers), motor bike rental 50,000 per day, restaurant, ad free breakfast ad wi-fi. The breakfast is small but it does the trick if you are one like me that can't eat a lot when it is hot. The location is a 5- 10 min drive from Kuta or Seminyak (Taxi 10-20,000 depending on traffic) making it a place to relax especially after the hustle ad bustle of the Bali streets. If you are confident I would consider hiring a motorbike as it is more convenient; however, the reception is more than happy to order taxi's for you which are 'cheap as chips' anyway.

If you are looking for a relaxing stay, away from all the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Seminyak than Legian Guest house is the place to stay:) You wont regret it!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank mwtat1
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Friendly staffs,nice swimming pool,calm place and u can rent a motor bike 50.000/day. U really need motor bike here coz nearest good location u can reach from here is Double Six street,only 2 traffic lights but too far to walk especially Bali weather very HOT! :p
If u want to eat at resto,Mak Engking (Sundanese resto,average price) only 10 min walk.
Room price about 400.000-550.000 rupiah/night, publish rate (depend when u go to here). And they have website page if u want to call them (I think I can't write them number here,right? :D) coz they only have about 10 rooms,better u check before u go to here.
U must patience here,coz staffs hotel not much,I thought only 6 staff included 2 receptionists.
My boyf waited his fried rice for 1 hour coz some other guests ordered foods in same time :p
First u must think,what r u looking for? If u looking nice place to sleep and privacy, this hotel very recommended! But if love to meet people and party lovers, u'll bored in a few hour :D
Have fun!

ADVISE FROM ME: rent motor bike! to get taxi here,little bit hard (order by phone maybe better)

Room Tip: choose room beside swimming pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I booked this guesthouse online based on reviews on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. I was a little worried as my taxi approached the guesthouse, as it is located in a rather dirty, dodgy looking backstreet, but once I was through the gates I was comforted to find myself in pleasant surroundings. I had booked a standard room but was upgraded free of charge to a larger superior room as the standard rooms had been overbooked.

My room was spacious and modern, and my first reaction was 'wow'. For approx IDR 320,000 I had a small lounge area, queen size bed with crisp white sheets, good size wardrobe with a bathrobe and a safe inside, 2 aircons, TV with some English channels, fridge, free bottled water, mini bar and even a plug-in mosquito repellent. The bathroom had a combined toilet/shower area and a separate vanity area with basin, mirror and hotel style shower cap, toothbrush etc.

The staff were friendly and spoke good Engish. They were happy to call taxis for me (approx 7-8 mins from Legian beach and shops etc, about IDR 15-20,000) and one of the porters even gave me a ride on the back of his moped to a nearby supermarket. Another staff member arranged relatively cheap transport to Lombok on one of the fast boats (much cheaper than the online advertised price, although I later found out that because it was low season I could have gotten it even cheaper if I'd had the time or energy to look around).

Breakfast was brought to my room, and I chose the American which included a small omelette, rasher of bacon, lightly toasted bread, jam, fruit, coffee/tea and juice. I could eat either in my air-conditioned room or at the little table outside in the shared courtyard.

There is no pool, and you will need a taxi to get anywhere, there are no shops, restaurants or beaches within walking distance but the taxi ride is very cheap.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Vett74
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Excellent place for good n cheap pricing with a nice field gacing it..Recommended for those who wishes to chill peacefully as it is a bit far off from Pantai Kuta..Better hire motorcycles for fun experience but good place with nice service for my first time here..rent a bike!!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Legion Guest House is a small bed and breakfast in Legion. I found this wonderful B&B after leaving a horrible hostel in Sanur.

The service was great! The staff was very friendly and spoke fluent English. I arrived at Legion Guest House early in the morning, way before check-in and before our room was ready. The staff was very accommodating and let us check-in to our room. Our room was spotless and very big. We had a large, comfortable bed, and two couches with a coffee table. The room included all the amenities that anyone would need: toiletries, umbrella, bug spray, bug lotion, and flash light. Outside of the room is a sitting area where you can relax or eat your breakfast while watching the sun rise. There are also two relaxing water fountains that give the guesthouse a relaxing atmosphere. The whole staff, including the security guard, tried their best to make all the guests comfortable. During my stay there were few blackouts but the power quickly went back on.

The breakfast that is included was delicious. The choices are American breakfast: Eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, fruit, juice and coffee or tea or Balinese breakfast: Fried rice or fried noodles, fruit, juice, and coffee or tea. I also ordered room service and the food tasted great with really good prices.

The location of the guesthouse is 15-20 minutes walking distance from the bustling beach of Legion. It is located next to a rice field in a residential area. This guest house is great if you really want to get away from all the loud noise, smells, and crowds of Bali.

There are only a few rooms which help the staff focus on you, the guest.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple