“Nice place to stay”

Legian Guest House
Ranked #5 of 61 Legian B&B and Inns
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Very nice place to stay at, rooms are clean and comfortable to stay in.
My only drawback is that it's about a 20 min walk to the main street of Seminyak.
Overall my wife and I througly enjoyed our stay here

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

The staff are extremely friendly and hospitable and the Guest house itself was well beyond my expectations. First of all I have to give a big shout out to Kiyana (who works at the guest house) for making me feel so welcomed and at home. This is what truly made my stay at the guest house perfect. He was not only friendly to talk to but he also arranged everything for me, including a day driver (400,000 for 12 hours), a trip to Gili. T (700,000 return), a ride on the back of his motorbike to safari park (150,000 for pretty much a day trip), traditional Babi Guling (which he personally went out and brought it back to the guest house for me at no cost), arranged a place to get my portraits done (3 portraits with 5 faces 2,400,000 and he also delivered them to us at the airport due to our time constraints), plus advice on everything you need and want to know about Bali. Honestly, he made our trip so easy it was hard for us to leave the place when we had to continue with our travels. Additionally, the other staff were also great to talk to and ask for help. On more than one occasion the security guard would take me on his motorbike to a currency changer (BMC in Seminyak, repped by TA) which I truly appreciated as the guest house is a bit out of the way.

Other highlights include: nice pool, daily serviced rooms, generous amenities (mozzie spray, mozzie wall plug in, universal adaptor, toothbrush, free bottles of water, cable TV, safety deposit box, Dressing robes, mini bar with reasonable prices, hangers, drying room, soap ad handwash, beach towels, and slippers), motor bike rental 50,000 per day, restaurant, ad free breakfast ad wi-fi. The breakfast is small but it does the trick if you are one like me that can't eat a lot when it is hot. The location is a 5- 10 min drive from Kuta or Seminyak (Taxi 10-20,000 depending on traffic) making it a place to relax especially after the hustle ad bustle of the Bali streets. If you are confident I would consider hiring a motorbike as it is more convenient; however, the reception is more than happy to order taxi's for you which are 'cheap as chips' anyway.

If you are looking for a relaxing stay, away from all the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Seminyak than Legian Guest house is the place to stay:) You wont regret it!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank mwtat1
Eersel, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Friendly staffs,nice swimming pool,calm place and u can rent a motor bike 50.000/day. U really need motor bike here coz nearest good location u can reach from here is Double Six street,only 2 traffic lights but too far to walk especially Bali weather very HOT! :p
If u want to eat at resto,Mak Engking (Sundanese resto,average price) only 10 min walk.
Room price about 400.000-550.000 rupiah/night, publish rate (depend when u go to here). And they have website page if u want to call them (I think I can't write them number here,right? :D) coz they only have about 10 rooms,better u check before u go to here.
U must patience here,coz staffs hotel not much,I thought only 6 staff included 2 receptionists.
My boyf waited his fried rice for 1 hour coz some other guests ordered foods in same time :p
First u must think,what r u looking for? If u looking nice place to sleep and privacy, this hotel very recommended! But if love to meet people and party lovers, u'll bored in a few hour :D
Have fun!

ADVISE FROM ME: rent motor bike! to get taxi here,little bit hard (order by phone maybe better)

Room Tip: choose room beside swimming pool
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

I booked this guesthouse online based on reviews on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. I was a little worried as my taxi approached the guesthouse, as it is located in a rather dirty, dodgy looking backstreet, but once I was through the gates I was comforted to find myself in pleasant surroundings. I had booked a standard room but was upgraded free of charge to a larger superior room as the standard rooms had been overbooked.

My room was spacious and modern, and my first reaction was 'wow'. For approx IDR 320,000 I had a small lounge area, queen size bed with crisp white sheets, good size wardrobe with a bathrobe and a safe inside, 2 aircons, TV with some English channels, fridge, free bottled water, mini bar and even a plug-in mosquito repellent. The bathroom had a combined toilet/shower area and a separate vanity area with basin, mirror and hotel style shower cap, toothbrush etc.

The staff were friendly and spoke good Engish. They were happy to call taxis for me (approx 7-8 mins from Legian beach and shops etc, about IDR 15-20,000) and one of the porters even gave me a ride on the back of his moped to a nearby supermarket. Another staff member arranged relatively cheap transport to Lombok on one of the fast boats (much cheaper than the online advertised price, although I later found out that because it was low season I could have gotten it even cheaper if I'd had the time or energy to look around).

Breakfast was brought to my room, and I chose the American which included a small omelette, rasher of bacon, lightly toasted bread, jam, fruit, coffee/tea and juice. I could eat either in my air-conditioned room or at the little table outside in the shared courtyard.

There is no pool, and you will need a taxi to get anywhere, there are no shops, restaurants or beaches within walking distance but the taxi ride is very cheap.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Vett74
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

Excellent place for good n cheap pricing with a nice field gacing it..Recommended for those who wishes to chill peacefully as it is a bit far off from Pantai Kuta..Better hire motorcycles for fun experience but good place with nice service for my first time here..rent a bike!!

• Stayed March 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
1.9 km away
1.6 km away
The Sun Hotel & Spa
The Sun Hotel & Spa
#36 of 84 in Legian

Been to Legian Guest House? Share your experiences!