Priceline
eDreams
Enrico D.
Great Dive Resort!!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Feb 2024via mobile
The people are incredibly warm, helpful and just wonderful. I completed my Open Water diving certification here, and it was fantastic! Despite my initial fear of diving, I felt instantly secure. My Dive Instructor was a perfect match for me, making the experience seamless. If you're interested in diving, this is the perfect place to be!
Date of stay: February 2024Trip type: Travelled with family
6.4 km from La Bila Dive Resort
  • eDreams
5.6 km from La Bila Dive Resort
View more hotels in Amed
All reviews the owner dive center loved our stay water palace dives ketut
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2022 via mobile

Really good dives, really nice staff, Ketut the owner is very careful from the morning till late. We did appreciate all the atmosphere, we highly recommand this dive center also because the dives are amazing, plus the divemaster did pictures for us for like 25€ and they look so good. Hope to come back soon!

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2022 via mobile

Qe stated for two nights. We felt very comfortable there, Katuk was soo nice! Helped us with the bike rental. Breakfast was very good, he was our guide in Lempuyang and took us to a coffee plantation, the Water Palace and to our next hotel in Ubud. Even offered us tea or coffee every afternoon. Thanks for everything! We will be back!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pilar P
Reviewed 4 February 2020

We cannot recommend this place enough for diving in Bali - they are great at what they do. We wanted to do our Advance Open Water certification here and we did, with our dive instructor Ilu. Ilu is extremely patient, friendly, and knowledgeable. We always felt very safe under her supervision. She always explained concepts and the exercises we would have to do underwater beforehand in good detail so that we understood them.

Apart from being a great dive school, La Bila also has a great crew of people. The resort manager Juan is extremely communicative, helpful, and flexible in arranging extra activities for us.

We also had a fantastic driver who went the extra mile to try and bring us to all the nice places in Bali on our last day.

The accommodation of La Bila itself is simple but has everything you need for a dive stay - a clean and comfortable room to rest in while rejuvenating between diving days. This is not the place to spend entire days in if you are not doing other activities throughout the day.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Victor-Poonam
Reviewed 3 January 2020

I want to review La Bila in several ways:
First, the atmosphere. I've stayed in several resorts all over Asia, Japan, Malaysia, China, Thailand, and the Philippines. Out of all of these resorts diving or not, La Bila was by far my favorite. La Bila is my favorite because first, it was an extremely relaxing environment. There was no concern to have to rush or do anything, you could just sit and read a book, in the hammock that you can easily set up in your porch, the comfortable chairs or the restaurant area. Ketut and his staff were amazing in always asking if you needed something. At one point there were some bugs outside the door and the staff quickly took care of them, when we were hungry or chilly after a dive the staff was always there to make sure we had amazing food or drinks hot or cold. We had a few other nondiving friends with us and Ketut took them out to show them the wonders of Ahmed and they greatly enjoyed it. I felt like the staff as a whole was attentive and considerate of whatever we needed. The room was spacious and comfortable. The AC was so effective at one point I had to turn it less cold so I didn't freeze. The shower was exceptionally hot which was amazing for after a dive. The staff also helped us get motorbikes when we wanted to go adventure AND told us where to go.
The next area I want to talk about is diving. Obviously, you can tell by now that I am a diver. The diving was INCREDIBLE! The visibility was 15-20 meters every dive, the water was really warm and the sea life was amazing. EVERY dive, I saw things I hadn't seen and it was very diverse. The guides, oh the guides, I can't even begin to thank them and appreciate them. Iluh, Juan and Will were amazing. Each dive they made the time to point things out and made us better divers. When I had ear issues Juan stayed with me and we stayed at a shallower depth so I could still dive. Their patience, caring and excitement was amazing.

I highly recommend La Bila whether you are a diver or not, but as a whole, I will definitely be going back.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 2 December 2019 via mobile

We have travelled quite a while in Bali now and this was by far the best place you could possibly find. Katuk and his staff are just amazing! They are truely generous, always helpful and they don't treat you like a customer but as a part of their family. We were frequently asked if we wanted drinks or food and we had to pay no extra money at all. You feel really welcome!
The room was good Balinese standard. The nights were really quiet and we could sleep really well - especially with the knowledge that a great breakfast was waiting for us the next day. :)
Katuk also drove us to places in Amed for free and if you want to take a trip to a destination that's further away, he can serve as your tour guide.

The place is really close to the sea with nice restaurants around - we especially liked to eat grilled fish at Segara right at the beach.

We highly recommend staying at La Bila - the best place in Amed!!! :)

Date of stay: November 2019