“PADI open water and night diving ”
Review of Bali Reef Divers

Bali Reef Divers
Ranked #14 of 50 Tours in Amed
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bali Reef Divers was established in 2008 and was the first PADI 5 Star resort in Amed. We offer PADI courses from Beginner to entry level professional levels, always ensuring the highest quality for any course. With a specially designed 3m deep dive pool at our disposal, we are equipped to get anyone prepared for the plunge into the ocean. Our knowledgeable guides will take certified divers to all divesites in the area, not limiting to the few 'famous' ones. Beginners or seasoned pros, we will make sure you have an awesome time diving with us!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I visited here with my boyfriend. He did the PADI open water course and I went with him on his last day.

We had an amazing experience with Bali Reef Divers! They were so organised and allowed me to dive with him on the last day at the USAT liberty wreck and the reef. Darta, our instructor, was brilliant and made us feel very relaxed and at ease in and out the water. My boyfriend felt so confident afterwards that he wanted to do a night dive the day he qualified! This was all brilliant and we felt safe in the hands of Darta :)

The staff were all very friendly and the food on the restaurant was lovely. You can have option to stay at the hotel here however we didn't realise this and had booked somewhere down the street. But wished we had booked with them as they rooms look lovely.

We will definitely be back!

1  Thank ella343
in 10 reviews
"special thanks"
"amazing staff"

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I obtained our PADI open water certification through Bali reef divers and it was a phenomenal experience with both the dive instructor and dive sites proving to be excellent. If you can make sure you get Darta to teach your course - he was an excellent teacher and by learning from him in the pool and the ocean we felt totally comfortable, safe, and ready to enjoy the diving! The wreck dive on the final day was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Will be back again! Thank you Darta and thank you Bali Reef Divers!

3  Thank JibsPorter
Reviewed 12 February 2018

My wife and I did our PADI Open Water course with Bali Reef Divers a couple of weeks ago. We made a spontaneous decision to do the course after doing a discover scuba dive in Cairns in January. We chose Bali Reef Divers because of good reviews and a very good price package.

We paid 4,000,000 Rupiahs each for the full course, which included all the materials, equipment hire, pool sessions, four ocean dives, and even an extra free dive at the end.

We had a really fantastic experience on the course. Our instructor was Anna, who runs the dive centre. As it was low season, there were just us two in the group.

We were both very nervous about learning to dive, but Anna made us feel completely comfortable. She was friendly and patient, and encouraging when we got things wrong. At no point did we feel under any pressure. The course ran at a manageable pace – we had plenty of time to rest and revise in the evenings.

The ocean dives we did were stunning – some of the best in Bali. We dived the Liberty wreck on the course, and the Japanese wreck for our free dive. We saw lots of wildlife, including a turtle!

For our accommodation, we stayed at the dive's resort – Puri Wirata. This was a little more expensive than our usual backpacking digs at 500,000 Rupiahs a night for the room, but it was really worth treating ourselves for the convenience of staying on site. We also had a four-poster bed and a balcony looking out onto the ocean – stunning! Breakfast was included too.

If the resort isn't in your budget, there is super cheap accommodation over the road at Boh's Bungalows.

Finally, one of our favourite things about this dive centre was the adorable pet kitten called Manis! The guys rescued him after finding him starving, and he now lives at the centre. The most cute and friendly kitten I've ever seen!

Couldn't recommend this place more – thank you Bali Reef Divers for giving us an amazing experience in learning to dive.

1  Thank storyeveryday
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Really knowledgeable and well-equipped. My instructor, Darta, went out of his way to make sure I had a great time and helped me fit the open water certification into my limited time. Dive sites were great for beginners and had lots of amazing sea life to explore. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Tammy M