This was our final destination of a long tour of India, the most expensive hotel and the most disappointing.
It has a wonderful location, is very clean and well laid out with large comfortable chalets. Although you can only access the hotel by boat there is a good service into Alleppey, and they are willing to provide transport as required.
The hotel has a good pool raised above the lake however there are only 10 loungers and a few plastic chairs and the pool attendents allowed some guests to reserve loungers by the payment of "Baksheesh"!! Apart from a few childrens swings there is little else to do around the hotel.
Our main complaing of the hotel is about the food in the restaurant.
The buffett is very poor and the a la carte menu is very expensive. When ordering from the a la carte menu we never received what we ordered and always a much inferior meal to what was on the menu. Eventually we went down to Alleppey for our evening meals which allowed us to eat at less than half the price for a 100 % better meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Palace is a luxury backwater resort located in Alleppey at the banks of Vembanadu Lake, adjacent to the venue of the legendary Nehru Trophy boat race. Lake Palace Resort represents a quaint tradition, blended with modernity. Its architecture is delightfully Keralite yet comfortably modern and rich in contemporary ethos. Each of its rooms is individually decorated with a dramatic blend of old-world charm and modern accessories. While the Lake View Cottages feature a cozy lounge with mini bar, refrigerator, television, king size bedroom, en-suite bathroom with hot & cold running water and 24 hours room service, the Water Villas offer the rare feeling of being afloat. Its facilities include king size bedrooms that are beautifully appointed rooms with wooden furniture, en-suite bathrooms and 24 hours room service. Every balcony at Lake View Cottage offers a unassailable view of the unruffled Vembanadu Lake where the traditional country boats & canoes cruise gently along. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and Agoda so you can book your Lake Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Palace Hotel Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Alappuzha
- Lake Palace Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India