“Economical and Safe House Boaat”
other travellers have booked this property
Full Exterior View of Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Luxury Bedroom in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat Wash Area in Pournami 4 bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Check Availability
Bedroom Art in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Bed and Bedroom art in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Wash Room in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
Shower Area in Pournamis' 4 Bedroom Luxury Houseboat
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
KarthikKr...
Bangalore
“Economical and Safe House Boaat”
Reviewed 20 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I choose Pournami House Boast based on Trip Adviser Review for 1 Night stay with my family.
I called them up one day before booking process and competitive price was very reasonable. I believe Shilpa who co-ordinate with me for Booking and Online Transfer.

House boat check in was smooth and people who helped us providing food and explaining some nice story behind lake and environment was good.

House boat is neat and clean in all aspects. Food as we are particularly veg have very limited choice. I believe Non-Veg has very good choice of food spread to choose from. They prepare nice food inside Boat and serve you on time for all 3 meals without any hesitation. In between Juice and Fruit also served with evening snacks. If you are interested they stop in for Ayurveda Massage at evening 4.00 PM in some place but charges are very high. It was ok not that great, but it run by some charity they say. Evening around 5.00 it will stop in one corner and you will be provided with TV for evening entertainment. I thoroughly enjoyed their hospitality.

Need to improve in Toilet cleanliness little bit as it smells very bad and sheets are not properly maintained. Other than this I don't have any other complaint on entire journey with my family and Kids.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
KrazyTrav...
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Relaxing Stay @ Pournami Houseboat”
Reviewed 30 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

First of all I must admit that I was very skeptical to book a houseboat with Pournami after having read so many reviews of other houseboats, but then I realised I was wrong. We were a family of 12 planning to stay at the houseboat however the biggest boat available with them had only 4 bedroom, so Ms. Parvathy agreed to arrange for us a 2 bedroom houseboat for night stay. But unfortunately 3 of my family members didnt turn up and I asked Parvathy to cancel the booking for 2 bedroom houseboat and provide extra mattress for the additional person, which to my surprise she agreed promptly and didnt charge any cancellation charges. So finally we ended up staying at the 4 bedroom houseboat. She had also shared the pics of the same with me on my email id. Although the pics were a different from what she had sent, the houseboat was well-kept and had all the modern amenities. All the bedrooms were clean and the bedsheets and mattresses were good.
The food served on the houseboat was really good right from the lunch on day one, the evening snacks, dinner and the breakfast served on day two. The day tour on the boat was really relaxing and my parents & in-laws enjoyed a lot. The captain was really informative as he showed us different landmarks and explained the history behind them.
Houseboat is a good experience for people who want to sit back, relax and enjoy the cool breeze of the back waters; the staff at Pournami houseboat ensured all that and also provided us a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. I would like really like to thank the entire team of Pournami for all the assistance provided to us from booking till our departure.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The houseboat was in great condition and the rooms were well-kept
Liked least: The massage suggested by houseboat staff
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Subhajit2...
Bangalore
“Excellent enjoyable Houseboat experience”
Reviewed 24 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I have visited with my wife and another family friend. We enjoyed a lot in this houseboat. Food was too good and we got the experience of having home made food inside Houseboat. Stuffs were very good and helpful. Rooms were clean and AC was there as well. From pickup to drop it was well organized by them and overall we had very good experience.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Harish J
“Clean, comfortable and enjoyable houseboat. Wonderful staff too.”
Reviewed 15 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

The trip on houseboat was really wonderful. The houseboat was clean and very comfortable. The food was really very good, specially being from northern part of India and the fact that we had faced quite a few issues with food at other hotels and restaurant in Kerala, and was much better than what they ate at other places while in Kerala. Your houseboat staff was courteous and their service was prompt and wonderful.

So overall, thanks to you people for making the trip a memorable one. My family really enjoyed a lot being on the houseboat. I will definitely recommend this houseboat to all, specially to people travelling from Northern India.

Travelling group: Extended Family
JyotiB391
Bengaluru, India
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 2 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We had a comfortable stay on this beautiful houseboat. We were 2 of us with our 1.5 year old son.
The food served is delicious and the common areas of the boat are kept super clean.
We had a 2 bedroom boat with the other bedroom locked.
The staff was courteous and helpful.

Some things to improve:
1. The loo could definitely have been cleaner.
2. Our 1.5 year old couldn't stop monkeying around the boat. One of the staff members clearly seemed annoyed about this. We kept moving the dining table by the TV cabinet so our toddler couldn't open the drawers under the TV and touch cables, pull their speakers etc. But the staff just kept putting it back in place without checking with us. This happened so many times. Basically I found the staff a little baby unfriendly like that.

Though all in all, we had a good time and would recommend this to other friends. It is totally value for money,

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the food
Liked least: the loo
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing