We had a truly fantastic stay at Motty's last month and have already recommended it to friends and family!
We stayed for four nights and Motty and Lali really went the extra mile to make our stay really fantastic. From the warm welcome we received on arrival, to the tour Motty very kindly gave us to help us to find the best of Allepey, we were made to feel very at home and had a really relaxing stay.
We stayed in the room connected to the main house which has the four poster bed (with steps) and the room was very clean and very beautiful. The bathroom was nice and clean on arrival.
The food was really nice. We had been staying in hotels and having a western breakfast so it made a real change to have authentic Keralan food for breakfast/lunch/dinner. One of the highlights of our stay was when Lali took the time to give us a cookery lesson and showed us how to make some of the food we had eaten. It was very kind and really made our holiday!
We had three days in Allepey so really explored. There is a very nice restaurant only a 5 minute walk from Motty's which served lovely food and was incredibly cheap! We had read mixed reviews of the beaches in Kerala but the beach at Allepey was clean and really lovely and we would recommend going there for a walk. We took a rickshaw home and it took less than 5 minutes. We took the four hour backwater boat trip and really enjoyed it. Having been on a house boat before, we saw a lot more in the narrower boat that Motty recommended than on the house boat.
Overall, a very special home, run by two lovely people and we will be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India