We stayed at this lovely gem located in a quiet street in Alleppey for four nights , our first in India.
Motty , the host welcomed us like an old friend .
This home stay was spotlessly clean and magnificent with large verandas and antique furniture.
The tropical lush garden is perfect and sitting on the private veranda you could bird watch for hours!
We were spoiled with attention that was always friendly and never intrusive.
At breakfast we had Keralan breakfast!! We really felt we were in the real India but without the chaos and noise. The food was delicious and Lali's cooking demonstrations were an eye-opener to the way spices are used!
We enjoyed walking the canals and on the beach. The Mullackal Street was interesting. All the Spices one could think of was there on the streets, magnificent temples and row after row of gold shops!!
We are sorry for charming but dilapidated buildings on the commercial canal. We hope these beautiful buildings will be saved.
Everything is wonderful here! In addition to the stay, Motty was great organizing our trip around Kerala including transport. He booked rooms in Cochin, Munnar, Periyar and Varkala and all at special prices.
We did well to have made Motty's Home stay our first halt in India.
I highly recommend Motty’s Home if you want a special flavor of Kerala and its hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India