A wonderful Homestay. Three rooms one of which is in the main house and two separate purpose built rooms in the garden. We stayed in the ground floor room in the garden and it was just delightful. A very spacious airy room with fans and aircon; a verandah at the front to relax on and the highlight, an open air bathroom. The main house is full of eclectic furniture and has a very large verandah with ceiling fans which the owners are quite happy for guests to use.
Greeted on arrival by Motty and his wife Lali we were made to feel very welcome. Motty is a very interesting character with a lot of varied interests which he is happy to chat about and also a mine of information about the area, suggesting a full days varied activities for us which we thoroughly enjoyed. Lali does the cooking and as we were the only guests at the time it was very personal as well as plentiful and delicious. Motty ate with dinner with us and was great company.
We stayed here our last night in India and had to be at Cochin airport at midnight the following night. Not only was Motty happy for us to leave our bags there but he allowed us to keep the room which meant that after a days sightseeing we were able to come back and shower and change before leaving at 10pm for the airport in the car which Motty arranged.
I cannot recommend this Homestay highly enough. It is very centrally situated and you should look no further if staying in Alleppey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Heritage Homestay accommodation offering peace and tranquility in the quaint little town of Alleppey -the gateway to the Backwaters" This traditional Syrian Christian home with it's gardenn view verandahs bring back old world charm . Comfortable en-suite bedrooms offers warm hospitality and excellent food. Guests have exclusive use of the comfortably furnished sitting room with its beamed ceiling and wooden antique furniture, and guests own private entrance. Emphasis is on the food which is cooked for you by the lady of the house using fresh local ingredients and home grown produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Motty's Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motty`s Homestay Hotel Alappuzha
- Motty's Homestay Kerala/Alappuzha, India