All reviews approach road clean rooms awesome stay boat ride balcony nature resort lake ambience backwaters houseboat kms hospitality badminton banks cottage
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We were at the resort for almost a week. An unforgettable and wonderful experience with its marvellous, breathtaking landscape; lashing backwaters; exotic view of nature; cozy and tidy accomodation; prompt and warm service;peaceful and homely atmosphere. I would highly recommend Lake Haven Island Resort as a unique and perfect spot for holidaying. It's simply great. You can feel the difference.

Room Tip: Tree house (maadam) is the best
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank roshini m
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Right on the banks of the Pamba river, this resort is an ideal place to cut oneself off from the hustle and bustle of the main Alleppy town as well as the busy house boat traffic on the Vembanad lake.

The host Mathew and his staff ensure that guests are taken care of very well, and leave no chance for complaints. Comfortable cottages facing the river with a couple of them right at the very edge of the water make for a very comfortable holiday. They have a quite efficient chef who prepared some real good Kuttanad style food for us.

After a long time, I stayed in a place where I had no compaints at all!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you book the rooms on the edge of the water. They have water facing ones too, but they are about 30 feet away from the water's edge.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

One of the most spectacular resort right in front of the beautiful backwaters of Aleppey. The very long water frontage makes the resort ideal among the
backwater resorts.We were taken to the resort by their own boat and the warm welcome from the traditional padipura was a memorable start for our precious moments in Lake Haven . We had booked the royal water villas and its exquisite enchanting view from the balcony - the naked sunset view , criss crossing of caoe boats, kettuvalloms, boathouses .......all really cherished our memories.More than the support and consideration of the staff under the guidance of Mr. Mathew is really appreciable.

Great Great !!!!!!! Keep it up.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Prannoy C
Reviewed 10 August 2012

It is a very good , calm and wonderful place to unwind all your tensions. Its location and view is unique comparing to the related hotels nearby, because I do visited all the hotels nearby. The resort is well maintained and kept clean always inspite of the big trees shedding their leaves always.The resort people are very good and helpful. I enjoyed my stay with all tasty Kerala cuisine in my tree top villa - a unique experience beyond imaginations.

Room Tip: Highly recommended
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bredndan M
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Service is a core mandate for me and I think Lake haven island resort is the best example for it. For my husband and me it was just the perfect getaway from the tiresome and stressful city life.

Communication happened via e-mail and phone calls. The staff of the resort was constantly in touch even while we were traveling to find if we had reached the place or if we needed help in any way. (Follow up to the core)

The calm and pristine environment welcomes you with open hands as you set foot into this resort. The weather was not in our favor as it was raining but the warmth of the staff did work miracles. Our luggage was brought into our room, we were given a welcome drink and made to feel comfortable. The mini refrigerator was filled with bottles of water and aerated drinks to suffice us for three days.

The room was a royal water view and the early morning view was so amazing. We had the river flowing at just an arm's distance from the floor and the lush green paddy fields across the river with farmers shooing off the birds every now and then. We could also spot a lot of water birds and various small varieties of fish. The view was splendid.

My birthday was also made very special. I celebrated my birthday there. We had ordered for a cake and arranged for a candle light dinner. All was arranged so well. They also gave a beautiful gift with the name of the resort on it.

Food: - Oh my god!....it was actually out of the world experience for me. I had some basic idea about the food that you get in Kerala and hence I had a varied menu to request everyday. The best part was there was never a "NO" or "WE CANNOT GET IT". There were occasions where the resort manager traveled out to get what I wanted. Everything was so delicious and my husband relished a lot of items (I have never seen him eat so much anytime before).

Last but not the least, It will be bad if I do not mention a few names: Ratheesh (AM operations), Kiran, Bijo, Renjani and Mathew (the resort manager).

Thank you all for making our stay such a wonderful experience. We promise that we will be back to savor your services and the food ;-)

Love you all! God bless each one of you!

Room Tip: Royal water view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple