Its true, these guys are not interested in you if you don't take their (over priced) boat stay...
The rooms are nice and clean, but the food is really hit and miss... I've had better Indian food in rural Ireland ..
The aviary is pretty ugly, not an attraction at all, it seems downright cruelto keep such a gregarious bird such as an emu on it's own with zero stimulation.
* Hint... Head down to the finishing point at about 4pm and start to barter, we got some good offers for four of us, people were offering to accommodate us all 4 of us on the boat that night (before the trip)h for an additional 2000 rupees including dinner and breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gowri Residence is one of the oldest heritage properties in Alleppey - the main house was constructed in 1947. Its strategic location makes it an ideal property for holidayers; the boat jetty, the railway station and the beach are all within 15 minutes from Gowri. The tranquil and green environs of Gowri make it an oasis of peace and heritage in the heart of Alleppey town. We have wooden cottages, a/c and non a/c rooms, dormitory and a treehouse room - a wide range to choose from. Whether you are a backpacker, honeymooning couple, family or a large group, we have all kinds of accommodation to suit your needs. Our restaurant serves delicious local dishes and can be made to order to your specific taste. Our staff is well trained and is always there 24/7 for you. Come to Gowri and experience true Kerala hospitality and soak in a bit of culture and heritage too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Gowri Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gowri Residence Kerala/Alappuzha, India