All reviewstapassmall balconyrooms are lovelyfree waterstayed here for two nightslocation is greatdelicious foodstayed longerin townminkefanhostsmotoriverfronttours
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I currently live in Kampot and have been visiting the town for nearly a decade now. I love the way the restaurant scene has grown more elegant and nuanced. The food has become exciting and adventurous. No exception to this wave is bARACA. I treated my self to what I heard were strong tapas. What I received was utterly beautiful. The presentation was given obvious consideration. The service was all smiles and to be honest I have never really tasted anything like it. I had a creamy tofo dish with fresh spinach. It was a revelation. The building it's self is a kampot classic. Tall walls with rustic paint. Eclectic decorations through out and a kitchen that melds into the environment. The room is set up perfectly for open, comfortable conversation. It's a direct step into what Kampot can be and what culinary masterpieces we can expect from this town.

I look forward to seeing what bARACA produces in the coming months.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Elke and Minkes rooms are lovely decorated and furnished. Th ey have their individual charm. The rooms are spacious and equipped with everything you need! I felt like at home straight away and ended up staying for a week in their wonderful oasis. Elke and Minke are wonderful and warm hearted hosts , too... th ey gave me lots of nice and useful recommendations for the area, eating out Places... th ey even booked and organized tours for me ... th ey were both very nice and helpful all the time. Try out the tapas bar downstairs... Minke is a passionate cook ... I had the best tapas in Baraca ever :-) I can highly recommend to stay in their rooms! Thanks again for everything, girls. I had a great time in your place and especially enjoyed the evenings in your bar and your lovely company :-) I will be back !!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Friederike C
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I had a pleasant two-night stay at bARACA rooms when I was in Kampot for a weekend getaway. Located within the city centre, bARACA is at a very convenient location and the riverfront and many cafes and restaurants are within walking distance.

My room had a terrace outside for my own use. The room was cosy and had cute decor. There were big windows that allowed natural light in in the day. Clean towels, drinking water, and body soap were provided during my stay. I chose a room with cold water but it didn't bother me. Hot water rooms are also available for rent at bARACA.

The owner, Elke, and her staff were lovely, helpful, and friendly. The restaurant was closed during my stay, unfortunately. I think bARACA is a great place to stay and I would recommend it for solo and group travellers alike. Room rates are reasonable, good for flashpackers like myself :) Would return!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Very nice rooms. Bright and clean. And above all: great food! Their tapas are the best combined with one of the cocktails. Friendly service that is very helpful with travel advice. Looking forward to eating there again on our next trip to Kampot. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

When we stayed here, its restaurant was unfortunately closed (I think only till mid july?) which made the place feel a bit more private like an apartment, sometimes coming in through the backdoor. Rooms are clean, nicely designed and got that real spanish vibe to it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Would love to come back here in the high season because the restaurant looks great!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple