“Pleasant Stop”

Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Statesville, North Carolina
“Pleasant Stop”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I was very pleased with my stay at this property. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. Front desk called shortly after check in to make sure room was good. The accommodations were clean and comfortable, and the price was great. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2011

My teenage son and I stayed here for one night for as we had a soccer event we had to attend and didn't feel like driving back to Charlotte.

The price of the room was great and the room was spotless. The grounds of the hotel were clean and well kept up. There are several places within walking distance to eat and lots of other facilities in the area.

I only used the wifi briefly and it worked with no problems or hassles to log on.

The AC in our room worked great and the TV provided some good movie options but was a little expensive for new releases ($16). There were other less expensive options however. Based on the price of the room, we splurged and got a movie to watch later at night.

Beds were very comfy and clean and the pillows were some of the softest ever.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Every year I take a trip just to get away. I've always wanted to visit the area, so I did. I arrived in Greensboro much sooner than I expected and called the hotel to see if they would let me check in early. Not only did they let me check in early, but my room was cleaning and very appealing when I arrived. For the two nights I was there I never had a problem with noise or anything else. Definitely will be staying here again when I visit the Greensboro area

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Stayed for one night because of a late day at the coliseum. I had minimal expectations and was still disappointed. We requested a non-smoking room but it smelled like a smokers room. Even the towels smelled like smoke!

There is NO free TV. You can watch shows from previous weeks for a $5 charge....movies for a 13-$15 charge. This negates the good price of the room! In our case there was something wrong so we couldn't even view a pay per view movie. (It kept indicating that each of the 30 movies we selected were unavailable. I called several times to the front desk and they did not know how to solve the problem..said they would come later but never did.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank twilightdawn
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Greensboro Coliseum Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am aware of a problem we had with our pay-preview provider. We do not charge for free TV. We have a cable package that includes HBO, ESPN, TNT, TNN, FOX News, CNN, and several others. I'm not sure if there was confusion with the remote (there are several buttons), but by using the channel buttons you can navigate free and pay-channels. I understand how frustrating the smoke smell must have been. We try to keep our non-smoking rooms free of smoke odor but it appears in your case a previous guest smoked in the room. I will share your feedback with our staff as it appears we did not follow-up with your issues. We will use this to prevent any future occurrence.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Me and my friends came down to visit my uncle who has been residing in Greensboro for some years. I called about 8am to see if we can check in early and spoke with Lily. She not only said yes but also gave us direction on how to get there. Upon check in, she had our room ready for us. Few minutes after checking, she called and asked if our room was ok and also asked there was anything we need assistance for. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and families.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends