“Almost gave it five stars”

Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover
Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Maryland
“Almost gave it five stars”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stopped at this HIE overnight on a road trip. The lobby is very welcoming and incorporates a large breakfast room. Nevada at the desk was a delight and I looked forward to spending the evening in my *non-smoking* room after a very long day of driving. The minute I walked in the door (which was marked with a "no smoking" sign), I could smell the stale, musty odor of old cigarette smoke. It was evident that this was at one time a smoking room. That said, I loved the room. I had reserved a room with one double bed since I was traveling alone. That left room for the desk and chair and a very nice armchair and ottoman. It is such a relief to not have to watch TV or read from the bed. The internet service was spotty; I kept getting knocked off and when I tried to get back on, I could only find the wi-fi for the hotel next door. Eventually, I was able to connect to the HIE system. There is a nice business center in the lobby, although it looks like the check-in counter.

The bathroom was clean. The bed was very, very hard. Luckily, there were four pillows on the bed, so I was able to use pillows as a "feather bed" or I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all. The breakfast offered a variety for all diet requirements, although the juice machine was not working. A member of the staff came around at breakfast and greeted each person, and everyone who I saw working in the hotel looked as though they were happy to be there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AnnaSoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The courtsey of the people was exemplery and the facility was very appealing. Everyone seemed to enjoy helping you with your needs.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank James S
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I really love this hotel. I've stayed here several times over a period of 3 or more years. They have an excelent staff, great hot breakfast, too! Room is always very clean and stocked well. Really, I don't work for this hotel! Haha! I am in my 50's and especially like things my way, clean, nice and friendly. I always stay at this hotel when I'm in town and now even thou I live in town, when I have events that I need a hotel for. With this hotel I know exactly what to expect when I come, the best! :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BrnEyes789
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were very friendly. I will stay again when I return for business.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Katrina B
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I am a platinum club member so I stay at HIE ALOT! This one was below par, Bathroom was in need of repair/renovation staff was not friendly, and the breakfast bar was the worst.

The juice machine was spitting out water, the pancake machine was broken, and when I arrived there were no eggs or biscuts left. After not seeing a hostess, I decided on cereal, and after 20 minutes I left and still nothing was replaced. Now their eggs and biscuits aren't anything to brag about normally, its still nice to have the option and some orange juice.

As far as HIE go, find another one!

Room Tip: At least the room was clean, even if the bathroom need some updating/repairs