All reviews starbucks coffee lobby bistro front desk room was clean within walking distance nice outdoor pool made to order breakfast convenient hotel restaurant options an older hotel high point market third floor a nice place to stay business traveler the check in process restaurants and shopping aquatic center
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Nothing to brag about. Overpriced. Rooms are clean but not any better than a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn. Small lobby with a lounge. For the price there should be a complimentary breakfast but there is not!!

Stayed: April 2018
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Sally B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Greensboro Courtyard and for taking the time to provide important feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed to learn that your overall stay was unsatisfactory due the lack of a complimentary breakfast and spaciousness within our accommodations. I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings and I have shared your comments with our leadership team so that we may continue to improve our facility and service. While the Courtyard as a brand does not offer complimentary breakfast as a standard feature, there are rate packages available that include breakfast with your stay. It may interest you to know that our hotel will be receiving a complete exterior and interior renovation this year, incorporating the very latest in design features from the Courtyard brand.

I apologize once again, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove we are capable of providing exceptional accommodations in the future.

Michael Reynolds

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Location is bang off I-40 on a busy street with plenty of shopping, restaurants and hotels. Most every commercial establishment that you can wish for. Only problem may be if you wish to sleep with the window open, you will most certainly be subject to the traffic noise on the highway.
Room booking was in order and did not include breakfast.
Bed was comfortable and large with plenty of pillows. Desk space was plenty and I could work comfortably. Bathroom is nice and big and everything works like it should. Nice large couch in the room and coffee making facilities.
WiFi (no password) worked decent for what I needed. Could use it on multiple devices.
Breakfast is rather meager and inadequate. It is more like a Starbucks coffee shop rather than a restaurant. I ordered a Yogurt+Fruit breaksfast, Orange Juice and a Cappuccino. At no point during the ordering process was I asked if I intended to eat there or take it away. EVERY SINGLE item I ordered was offered in plenty of plastic packing. Horrible environmental footprint. This will seriously change my choice of the Courtyard in future. For a breakfast that I took 7 minutes to finish I shudder to think of the volume of plastic that will take over a 1000 years to decompose. Pathetic and irresponsible!
They talk all this ‘high and mighty’ stuff about reusing towels so you don’t have to wash one every day. I do this quite often. Fake claims to be a ‘green property’ when in reality their breakfast is a complete disaster for the environment.
I used the Laundry facility (24 hours) in the hotel (next to the Fitness center) and this worked out quite well as I was just coming over from spending a week in Europe and did not have any clean clothes left. Washing is $2 and Drying is free. Quarters are available at the front desk. I walked over to the Walmart about 5 minutes away and picked up some detergent.
Checkout. Since I have my email ID on my profile and did not want to carry another piece of paper, I turn in my card keys and ask the lady at the Reception to email me the receipt. Simple enough you would think right? More than 10 hours later I get home and the receipt is still not in my email. I had to call and have them do it. Pathetic!
Overall, you are better off giving this place a miss.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear kumarcheryl,

While I was pleased to read that you were happy with the hotel's location, bed comfort, and cleanliness, I was also disappointed to learn that your overall stay was unsatisfactory due to the use of plastic in our dining operation, as well as a lack of timely delivery of your hotel stay receipt. I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings and I have shared your comments with our front desk and leadership teams so that we may continue to improve our facility and service. While we do try to keep our environmental footprint to a minimum, our efforts are a work in progress and your feedback is both valid and helpful.

Michael Reynolds

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I cannot rate this stay as poor. But it is worth noting some pretty significant factors with this place. Some positives first. The location was perfect for my meetings. And there are a few pretty good restaurant options very nearby. The staff, especially at the lobby Bistro, is excellent! One minor note about the food offering; we were not able to experience 24-hour coffee as their lobby Starbucks sign touts. More significant points to know before you book here - The property is RIGHT next to a very loud highway. First night of three was sleepless due to non-stop traffic noise. Played background sounds for the following nights to get to sleep. The front desk clerk at check in took a minute to find me a better room (her idea, not mine) yet I was next to the last room along the highway. I cannot imagine what kind of room I would have been issued without her concern. The lobby is pretty nice. Breakfast food was good. Service was excellent! The fitness "area" was tiny and smelled of old, hot air. Barely room for three to work out at once. One of the three or four pieces of exercise equipment was out of order. With no sign. The hallways are bleak. Dark and old. My bathroom had a soft area in the wall. Not certain that it was an unaddressed area of leaks and mold, but it was a "Marriott first"! The front desk was not surprised by my mention of the "soft wall". So for this place, think more of a pretty clean La Quinta rather than anything branded Marriott.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Dear savvytravelerguy,

While I was pleased to read that you were happy with the hotel's staff service and your breakfast dining experience, I was also disappointed to learn that the overall condition of the corridors, guest room bathroom, and fitness facility, as well as exterior noise, caused your overall stay to be unsatisfactory. I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings, and I have shared your comments with our housekeeping, engineering, and leadership teams so that we may continue to improve our facility and service. It may interest you to know that our hotel will be receiving a complete rooms and public areas renovation this year, to include an expanded and updated fitness center.

I apologize once again, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove we are capable of providing exceptional accommodations should your travel plans bring you back to the Greensboro area.

Michel Reynolds

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We stayed at the Courtyard as a group for a meeting in Greensboro. We could not have asked for better service or accommodations. We had wonderful service checking in as well as providing private area for Breakfast.

Hotel is located centrally between downtown and airport. Lots of restaurant options around and a small bistro in the hotel itself. Great Starbucks coffee at the bistro.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Decent hotel with clean rooms and courteous staff. The gym is okay for a quick morning workout. Not a lot of frills. The room was nice but the pillows are a bit oddly sized for the beds. Overall, a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Aubrey F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide important feedback regarding your recent stay at the Greensboro Courtyard by Marriott.

I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with our hotel's staff service and cleanliness, as well as your ability to enjoy a good night's rest. I only wish that we would have earned your complete satisfaction, as that is always our goal. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping, engineering, and leadership teams so that we may continue to improve our facility and service.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we are capable of providing exceptional accommodations should your travels bring you back to the Greensboro area.

Michael J Reynolds