All reviews starbucks coffee lobby bistro front desk room was clean within walking distance nice outdoor pool made to order breakfast convenient hotel restaurant options an older hotel high point market third floor a nice place to stay business traveler the check in process restaurants and shopping aquatic center
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Location is good as most places to eat and visit are close by. Rooms are slighted dated but clean. Breakfast is a standard courtyard menu. Lobby area seems nicer than most other Marriott hotels in Greensboro.
However, their customer service levels are lowest. I was in a room with microwave which did not work. I was promised at end of every day that it will be fixed tomorrow morning but that never happened. I requested manager to call me when I checked out. Never received a call that week.
Checked in next week and asked about the callback. I was assured someone will call me and they will put an urgent note. Still no callback or any courtesy call. And I am a premier platinum member who stays at Marriott properties almost every week (Sad!). Just imagine what happens to people who stay occasionally.

Room Tip: Rooms facing foyer
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Mandeeptor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Greensboro Courtyard.

While I was pleased to read that you were happy with the hotel's location, cleanliness, and lobby, I was also disappointed to learn that your overall stay was unsatisfactory due to a malfunctioning microwave and the lack of response from our team in addressing the issue. I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings and I have copied our front desk, engineering, and leadership teams on your response so that we may continue to improve our service and facility. I have researched the issue regarding your microwave, and have learned that our engineer responded to find that the microwave was unplugged. He confirmed that it was operating properly after plugging it back in. Additionally, our manager on duty at the time called and left a message on your guest room voicemail to apologize and explain our resolution. I regret that you perhaps did not receive this voicemail.

I again apologize and I hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Greensboro area so that we can prove that we are capable of exceptional accommodations. It may also interest you to know that we will be undergoing a complete exterior re-imaging as well as an interior renovation in 2018, featuring the latest in design and décor for the Courtyard brand.

Mike

Michael J. Reynolds
Greensboro Courtyard

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Stop here on my Market trips, great location with plenty of places to eat. Close to airport but far enough away not to here the planes. Decor looking a little dated but when they have the new grey and silver make over that Courtyard are doing it will be an awesome place to stay. Great breakfast service and used the bristro one night which was ok . Thanks for looking after me and see you in April .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee W
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for three nights while visiting my son at his University!
Nice to have food & beverages available until 10pm:-)!
Room was clean, a bit small but still nice.
Try to get a courtyard view if you want it a bit quieter. Some rooms face highway.
All the staff we met were friendly, professional & helpful. Good location with restaurants and near the airport!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LouSNJ21
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We came into town for a family emergency so I booked this hotel quickly online. Thinking it was a Marriott Hotel, it would excellent. I was wrong. Check in was easy and the lady that helped said the Starbucks is open 24 hrs and so was the market next to the front desk. After going in the room and dropping off our luggage, my wife wanted an ice tea. I told her about the Starbucks in the lobby. We pulled back around front and she went inside. After standing there about 10 min, no one ever came over to help her. I really don't even think it was a Starbucks.

Room was average, had a slight odor to it but nothing overpowering. Would I stay here again, probably not. To many other choices in the same area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Zander24,

Unfortunately, I was disappointed to learn that your overall stay was unsatisfactory due to a lack of attentiveness in our lobby, both at the front desk and in our Bistro. Marriott guests should always expect friendly and assertive service as a basic feature of our hotels. I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings and I will share your comments with our front desk and leadership teams so that we may continue to improve our facility and service.

I again apologize and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we are capable of providing exceptional accommodations and memorable service should your travels bring you back to the Greensboro area.

Mike,

Michael Reynolds
Greensboro Courtyard by Marriott
michael.reynolds@marriott.com

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is just ok. Finding room was confusing because there are two totally separate wings. Unfortunately, at least some of the staff does not give clear instructions on how to reach the appropriate elevators or park close. I wasn't the only one experiencing this at check-in. A mother carry a heavy baby carrier was struggling with the same poor communication.

Love the extra table with wheels under the desk.

The cable is the simple kind - no guide, no smart apps for Netflix, Hulu, etc. and the aspect ratio doesn't match TV on many stations (stretched out shows are my own lil pet peeve).

Waited a bit long for someone to show up at Bistro counter to take my breakfast order. The Front Desk was empty too. But when that person returned they asked if I was being helped and apologized for my wait.

It's not bad, but I'll definitely try other marriot ys in the area next time to see if I can get a better layout and parking situation, TV experience (don't have cable at home) and more hospitable service.

Stayed: July 2017
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear JRW-SA,

Unfortunately, I was disappointed to learn that your overall stay was unsatisfactory due to the lack of in room entertainment options associated with our TVs as well as a mediocre level of service experienced from our staff. Marriott guests should expect warm, courteous, and helpful service whenever they travel. I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings and will share your comments with our front desk, Bistro, and leadership teams so that we may continue to improve our facility and service. I am happy to inform you that the hotel will be replacing its TVs and upgrading to a new standard of guest room entertainment which will include Netflix capability in 2018.

I again apologize and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we are capable of providing exceptional accommodations and service should your travels bring you back to the Greensboro area.

Mike,