“Raw food and awful customer service”

Undercurrent Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lindsey and Green Streets
Reviewed 18 February 2021

This all happened on Tuesday February 16th 2021 at 8:20 pm. First off I would like to say this is how we were greeted as soon as we entered undercurrent “our kitchen is closing at 9 pm” but in a much more bitchy and rude way by this lady who led us to our table! She never once said hello or bothered to ask how we were doing nothing...then preceded to repeat again to me and my date how the kitchen closes at 9 pm. Okay we understood that and don’t care all we just wanted was some food then to leave. We didn’t want to eat out the whole evening at the restaurant to begin with that wasn’t our plan and we already knew what we wanted to order. I should also mention that the restaurant was absolutely empty there was no one but us and we had terrible service! Then our waiter wasn’t very friendly and quite frankly very rude especially once I asked for plastic silverware...wasn’t asking for his judgement just wanted him to do his job not his opinion....we immediately get our food and I immediately noticed that my food was REALLY cold and my boyfriend received cold food as well since we received terrible service to begin with and it seemed like the whole restaurant staff just wanted to go home I didn’t say anything about my ice cold food...just ate it since I was super hungry and trusted the restaurant to give me cooked food...bad judgement there eventually I noticed I had been given RAW CHICKEN! We immediately alerted the waiter as soon as I noticed this and he tried to blame it on the sauce saying it wasn’t the food... but it was raw and he knew we were right! My date asked the waiter if we had been given FRESH food and the waiter hesitated..obviously it wasn’t fresh food especially considering how my food was ice cold and raw.....this was an absolute terrible date thanks to this restaurant I have been there a total of 3 times and never expected this awful experience it quite frankly ruined our date night and turned it into a terrible night with their awful service and food not sure if we will ever come back. In the end we didn’t even stay too late in the restaurant for them to be rude to us about how they close at 9 pm we respected that and left after we had finished eating but to be bitched at over something stupid was absolutely ridiculous! Way to ruin our special date and moment...could have been a memorable night...it’s pretty memorable all right but in such a bad way! At least they accepted the mistake and did not charge anything or else we would have left the restaurant mad.

Date of visit: February 2021
3  Thank Isabellagomez45
Write a reviewReviews (285)

Reviewed 28 December 2020

We sat out in the patio area and had plenty of room between us and the only other couple out there. There was also a heater in the event it got cold. It did not the night we had dinner there. The food and the drinks were all delicious! The staff was masked up and everyone was so friendly. If you're looking for a COVID safe dining experience...book a table in the patio. You won't be disappointed!

Date of visit: November 2020
31  Thank lcb5310
Reviewed 7 August 2020

My vote for best all-around restaurant in Greensboro. A beautiful room, good service, and reliably excellent food. Some "fine dining" spots try too hard; others are uninspired or stuck in the past. Undercurrent uses fresh, high-quality ingredients and prepares them with love and respect. What's not to love?

Date of visit: February 2020
3  Thank IndyDavid0
Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

My husband and I have just moved to GSO after living overseas for 15 years. We’ve been sampling the local cuisine and hands down, tonight’s dinner at Undercurrent has succeeded all other local meals and even compares to meals throughout Europe. We started with the Spring Rolls, followed by Scallops (my meal) and Duck for my husband. Both were DELICIOUS and prepared and served to perfection. Looking forward to a return visit - maybe their brunch on Sunday. Still smiling!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Beautiful interior decor, superb attentive wait staff, nice menu. Fabulous wine list
Rack of lamb: exquisite presentation. Lamb cooked to perfection. Very tasty
Skillet Seared Salmon: amazing.
Dessert made in house!!