“Great dinner, great entertainment”

The Barn Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrating over 53 years of "Dinnertainment" in Central NC, the Barn Dinner Theatre is proud to be America's longest running dinner theatre! Enjoy a traditional buffet including the Chef's Carving Station, followed by a Broadway style show. All ABC permits, and table side tuxedo service. Group discounts for 20+ paying adults. Acres of parking for buses to maneuver around easily. GROUPS LOVE THE BARN! Season Passes & Flex Passes available. Great for special occasions or just to enjoy live entertainment after a satisfying meal! Come and be a part of History!
Reviewed 3 September 2014

My wife and I have enjoyed an evening at the Barn Dinner Theatre on three occasions and look forward to doing it some more. The food is good, lots of it, and the shows are wonderful. This is a great place, and the price is reasonable. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The food was good and the show was funny and entertaining. I would go back again. I really like to see the local people in the production and I want to support them. The place is a little crowded and it has been around for a while but it was worth the money I spent.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited in June and saw The Beatles tribute show. It was a great night of entertainment and the band was brilliant, as was the compare (so funny!) My family were all a little disappointed with the catering set-up. It lacked imagination and appeal and the beef was so rare it was almost still mooing as blood oozed into a puddle as the chef carved. Deserts were quite drab and uninspiring but the best part of the whole meal was the bananas and custard. The barn isn't that big and the floor space was limited making for a bit of a bun fight when the food area (which was also the stage) was declared opened. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be seated on the front tables which were far too close to the self-serving area. We've visited various dinner shows in the US and this wasn't as good as previous ones but it was a fair price and the show was excellent. I would say it's definitely worth a visit for the entertainment alone as long as you don't expect posh nosh.

1  Thank FizzUk
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We go about once a year, and have found great consistency.
Pros: The performers have always displayed impressive talent. Being so close to the performance adds to the entertainment value. The Barn offers a variety of shows that changes on a regular basis, so there is something for most tastes. The quality of the food is pretty good for a buffet. Service has always been excellent.
Cons: Seating is a little crowded. Tables are for two or four persons, so when we had a group of six people, we had to sit at separate tables.
Pro or Con, depending on your outlook: This is a special event place for many folks, and a lot of time is taken by the emcee with chatter as the many birthdays and anniversaries are recognized. If you sit on the bottom tier, you are VERY close to the performers.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I visited the Barn to see Branson on the Road. It was a really nice buffet with lots of good choices. Anyone can find something they like. The show was wonderful and we both had a great time. We will be back.

1  Thank JimK761