Grandover Resort , Golf, Spa & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsplay golfpro shopgreat resortround of golflobby barmain restaurantroom servicehot tubbeautiful propertywet barhigh pointnorth carolinaditennisrelaxationroberetreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2011

These folks know how to do business meetings! I had a small gathering (25 people) with a light breakfast & lunch at this property. From the moment I called to inquire/book the meeting to the meeting's conclusion...it went off without a hitch. Even in some of the more pricey hotels, this doesn't always happen.

The room was set up exactly as I had requested and there was plenty of space to move around in the room and yet not so cavernous we felt overwhelmed. Coffee & soft drinks were refreshed throughout the meeting and we barely even noticed the wait staff doing it.

I let the sales person (Amanda VanScoyk) guide me as to the food served and I was not disappointed. I'd rate it 10 out of 10. It was fresh, very appealing and not your "standard fare." I also felt the price was fair and didn't feel they were trying to gouge me. They waived the cost of the meeting room for the number of sleeping rooms we reserved.

Greensboro is a terrific, central location in North Carolina and is served by an airport. We were able to bring people in from Chicago, D.C., and Atlanta easily. The drive into the property is quite impressive and sets a positive tone.

The sleeping rooms were just a tiny bit tired but still comfortable & clean. No complaints.

The restaurant (Di Valletta) was very good. It was nice though to have a choice (golf course grill) for a more casual dinner that night prior to the meeting as we all arrived late, it had been raining & some of us were in no mood for a production. Pool tables were a nice touch; fun to just relax in jeans instead of staying in business attire. Some of our folks found the covered, outdoor area perfect for enjoying a cigar and a cocktail.

The interior of the resort is done very well with multiple places to sit for an impromptu discussion. Lobby bar is great for that too.

We are already planning to switch several meetings to this location in lieu of larger cities. Hotel parking fees of $40, airport congestion, and price are wearing thin on the nerves and the budget.

I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GypsyAtLast
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Wonderful event planning, staffing, and facility. Very easy to work with and very thorough! I have been hosting events here for years. Top notch!

Reviewed 14 November 2011

It seems that they put effort into meetings and weddings. The rooms are tired and haven't been renovated in years. There are many items in disrepair. The facility is nice, but it simply hasn't be kept up. The pool has many areas with broken tiles. They only have bellman during specific hours. Trying to get one's bags brought down for an early departure is like an act of congress. The security guard acts as the bellman after hours. He is obviously put off by this duty. He piled my heavy bags on top of my laptop bag and then proceeded to dump my files over while going out the front door. The place has some potential. They must step it up a bit to match their star rating. The facility (albeit rundown) is 3 star, and the services are 3- at best.

Room Tip: high floor golf course view
1  Thank diveray
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I booked this resort on a whim and as a surprise for my husband. I thought it was a bit pricey for the resort being so empty. Just the same everyone we came in contact with was super friendly. The restaurant was not busy, but the food was fresh and delicious. Theirs a courtyard outside the restaurant, my husband and I sat outside and enjoyed the view and the weather, he was able to smoke his cigar with no complains. Our room was partial gold course, but if you ask me, you couldn't tell the difference. We had a great night of food and drinks!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 1 November 2011

First off, I'm not a golfer. So there may be something spectacular about the course that has people excited about their stay at the Grandover. Otherwise it's an overpriced generic hotel without even an attempt at service.

I got in too late to meet my group for dinner but was anxious to catch up in time for cocktails - so I ordered room service - a cold sandwich and tea. 45 minutes later I called to check. Oops we'll be right there. 30 minutes later - really he's on his way up. No offer to no charge only a bored "sorry". $24 chicken salad was edible.

Valet is hit or miss. Bartenders seem anxious to return to their real jobs. The front desk is apparently the entry level position - huh? How do you spell that?.

Room was ok but small for the money. Another resort wanna be without a bellman or conciierge etc. if you are stepping up from the Best Western maybe....
There are much better hotels in GSBO- the O'Henry and the Proximity to name 2.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere les
3  Thank Youneedavacation_11