“Great prime rib and salad bar.”
Review of Sir Walter Raleigh - CLOSED

Sir Walter Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2016

This restaurant is set back from the road and you would easily miss it if you weren't looking for it. We stopped for a late lunch and the place was almost empty. But they had their always reliable salad bar and our lunch was very good. Service was also very good. I wish there were more of these around. Just a good old fashioned, reliable steak/potato/salad bar restaurant for a decent price.

1  Thank HappyExplorer7752014

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We have loved Sir Walter Raleigh restaurant for years. It has been marginalized over recent years by the swelling of the ranks of so many chain restaurants, but it still has a wonderful atmosphere and the food is exceptional. They have the best soup and salad bar I have ever seen. Fresh baked bread and real butter, a selection of soups that are made in house, and a total array of fresh salad makings. I can and often have made a full meal from only this. However, they have a good selection of steaks that I love, too. They are very well prepared and I have never been disappointed in the quality. This is a restaurant that keeps drawing us back.

1  Thank McPenguin5
Reviewed 13 March 2016

This used to be a go to place for prime rib and a wonderful salad bar. It was the only place we knew that actually had anchovies and feta available but time has marched on. Much less generous salad bar, much higher prices, quality of the beef not as good, and the au jus gravy tasted right out of a can. Disappointing.

1  Thank Bryna A
Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

This place is old fashioned, it's old, and the food is only slightly above average. But, and this is a really big claim to make, it's still one of my favorite places to eat in Prince George's County. I can't really tell you I like it so much but I really do and I would strongly urge anyone who just wants a good piece of prime rib and a salad bar and good service without a lot of pretense to give it a try.

1  Thank rrrast
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Wonderful menu, from seafood, steaks and other entrees. Service is good.

If you like an excellent salad bar and soup, hot bread you'll be pleased.