“They're Not Lying - It Really IS Fresh!”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Ranked #16 of 61 Restaurants in Greenbelt
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Surprisingly fresh, good food with great selection (particularly for people like me, who don't eat meat), with easy parking and in a pleasant atmosphere that's usually not too noisy, and at reasonable prices! Hard to beat. We always try to get a booth at the back. We LOVE the salsa and often order a deli container with fresh chips to take home ($5). Most restaurants offer fish tacos made with tilapia - not here! They use Mahi Mahi, and yes you can tell the difference. Last evening I had the veggie quesadilla, which came bursting with fresh vegetables cooked just right and was perched over a beautiful salad, with guac and sour cream and rice and beans on the side. After eating it, I may never visit Mi Rancho again - that's how much better Chevy's quesadilla was. My teen-aged son adores the chicken fajita platter - the chicken looked beautifully cooked. A terrific value, with pleasant service and a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I always enjoy my time here the servers are usually friendly. Hostesses are welcoming and I never feel like I am being rushed. I love this location. I have eaten at other locations but I love this location.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My friends and I like to hit up their Happy hour and enjoy their drink and food specials. The drinks and apps are pretty good( Get the crispy chicken flautas!) and the waiters/waitresses are funny and friendly.

There’s usually parking which is a plus.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I have been there several times, usually for dinner. The food is nothing special, but they give you plenty of it. In my experience, the table service has been friendly and reasonably efficient. The place is loud enough that I wouldn't choose it for intimate conversation. They do serve a very good margarita.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My husband & I enjoyed our Shrimp Fajitas w/Sides of Sour Cream, Corn Spoon Bread, Black Beans, Rice, Guacamole, Chips & Salsa from the lunch menu. We highly recommend this meal! Hopefully you will have the same server "Demetriousan" (not sure about the spelling). He was so wonderful, speedy, courteous!!

Been to Chevys Fresh Mex? Share your experiences!