“Delicious Shrimp Fajitas & Sides”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Ranked #16 of 61 Restaurants in Greenbelt
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

My husband & I enjoyed our Shrimp Fajitas w/Sides of Sour Cream, Corn Spoon Bread, Black Beans, Rice, Guacamole, Chips & Salsa from the lunch menu. We highly recommend this meal! Hopefully you will have the same server "Demetriousan" (not sure about the spelling). He was so wonderful, speedy, courteous!!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I remember going into this place hoping to get drunk and eat and un-Godly amount of decent food and being fully satisfied at the end results. The last day that happened was about 3 years ago. I don't know what has changed, other than staff turnover, but the food and service has gone way downhill since then. I'll only share my last visit with you.

It was last week some time, I had just come from the gym with my s/o and was starving (taco cravings were killing me). We rolled inside around 10:40 and asked the hostess if the kitchen was closed, she replied no, so we headed to the bar.

I, coming from a service background, asked the bartender to be sure the kitchen wasn't closed and he said they were breaking down. I asked if they could take one more order and he proceeded to take my order. the food came out 15 minutes later and in my ravenous hunger i immediately bit into one of my tacos. To my dismay, the meat inside the taco was cold, like refrigerated cold. I let the bartender know and he asked "What do you want me to do about it?"

He didn't say it rudely, but it was like, how do you not know? I ordered fresh ones and asked him to throw away the cold ones.

When we left, no one put chips and salsa in our bags, OR napkins which all come customary with a to-go purchase.

I live nearby, but I will definitely not be spending one more penny at this place. I wish i could remember all the details of my dine-in visit before this last one, but what I DO remember is that the server reached over our food to remove a drink that was unfinished! He also had literally no personality or customer service acumen.

C-YA for LIFE CHEVYs GREENBELT!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I had not been here for a while but I am definitely not going back. The floor was dirty, the tables were sticky, the glasses were unclean, and the bathroom had neither soap nor toilet paper. The service was horrible. The restaurant was understaffed that day. I forgot the most important fact. The AC was not working in the bar area in July! However, the happy hour prices seemed good and they had unlimited chips and salsa.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

the waiter and barman are some of the most pleasant staffer. The 2 young men were pleasant and accurate with our food. They are the kind of people I want to represent my business

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Our first visit to Chevy's was last year. I do not remember any details but it was not like our most recent. We went for appetizers and a drink. Once the waiter realized that was it he lost interest. I ordered a Cadillac Margarita and got something else. Not only was the drink wrong but service was lacking.

Been to Chevys Fresh Mex? Share your experiences!