All reviews steam room bedroom loft tennis courts indoor pool food city full kitchen hot tub views of the mountains the smoky mountains an awesome view nice condo minute drive top floor cobbly nob pots and pans bit dated view from the balcony
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This was our first time staying at Deer Ridge Mountain Resort. I was so impressed by the friendly staff. We didn't arrive till around 10pm the night of check in and the gentleman at the front desk was so nice. We had purchased our stay via expedia.com which was a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo. The condo was super clean and the air conditioner was perfect! It was 95 degrees that day so we hoped the air worked great and it did. We couldn't really see "the view" until the following morning and let me just say it was AMAZING! Absolutely gorgeous! The resort offered an indoor pool, sauna and steam room, outdoor pool, play area for the kids and so much more. I will without a doubt stay at this resort again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank nikif543
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Me and my family had a wonderful time at Deer Ridge Mountain Resort. Deer Ridge sits on top of a mountain and the views are spectacular. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The resort has an indoor pool and two outdoor pools. They a lovely lounge area that offers up beer and wine on the weekends. They also have a very large deck where a large group can gather in the evening. They also have a screened in area that houses a pool table, air hockey and tables. Outside of this area they have several charcoal grills for a cookout. This is a great place for a family reunion.The condo has everything you need. They a re individually owned so the decor is different in each one. The condo are not modern/sleek look I g but are very comfortable, w as email and welcoming. Deer Ridge is located about 30 minutes for the strip in Gatlinburg and about 45 minutes from the Pigeon Forge strip. I would definitely stay at Deer Ridge Mountain Resort again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed in C 106 for five days. The condo was a bit dated, but roomy, clean and comfortable. The view was spectacular!! Check-in and check-out was so easy and the staff was super friendly and very helpful. The drive up to the resort was full of twists and turns but the views from the top made the drive inconsequential. Would highly recommend Deer Ridge Resort and am looking forward to staying here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We loved it because it is far away from the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg and yet close enough to outdoor activities such as Climb Works and Smoky Mountain Riding Stables, which we love.

Try to check-in before dark. The road is very steep, difficult to find cabins. But once you get to the resort, it is very well lit and cozy.
Just do your best to arrive before dark.

The view is amazing every single day.
The room is very clean. Thumbs up to housekeeping! They clean it only after each guests checkout. Just once. Afterwards we clean it ourselves. But it is very clean at the start so it is very good.
The only place that needs cleaning are the steps and wooden platforms outside the condos. Lots of icky dead bugs!
Hopefully they could engage cleaners for outdoors area of the condos, too.
The rules and regulations are just like in a condo, so we are used to it. With the exception of paying attention to trash, because this is bear country!

You get lots of towels and may bring them to the front desk to change as often as you like. But only for the towels you bring out. They will not give you more.

Indoor pool reeks of chlorine too much, so we opted to swim at the communal outdoor pools in the village of Cobbly Nobb where this condo is.

Very friendly and accomodating staff. Everyone we met is very nice. From housekeeping to security to front desk people.
We like it so much, we extended our four nights to five nights.

The only downside: the sofa bed is very thin. Our children complained that they can feel the hard frame! The main bedroom also the bed is not very comfortable. I'm not having any problems, though. But my husband's back is not so happy.

Everything works nicely. The kitchen is clean and all the pots and pans and the dishes and cutlery in the cupboards are clean. They also provide a dishwasher.
There is a microwave and a regular oven, too. All clean.
The balcony is clean. No bugs.
The bathroom is well equipped even though not enough space to put our toiletries. But we manage.
Water pressure is great.

We like this property. Would love to stay again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

This was our first visit and we will be back. It was perfect. We stayed the week before Memorial Day. It was quite and not many people until the Friday before Memorial Day and then groups of younger people showed up. We were on our way out though. The condo was clean and perfect. It had everything we needed. Food City grocery store is just down the road and I signed up for their member card months before our trip to use for their sales once we were there. Hungry Bear 1 is down the road too and they have the best food/smoked meats in the area. The views from our balcony were incredible. I planned activities and places to see while there, but I honestly think we could have just stayed at the condo without going anywhere and had been happy. My only minor/major complaint was that we stayed for 5 days and they left us with one toilet paper roll in the condo. It lasted until the morning we were leaving and I don't know about you, but it isn't until the jerk before you uses it all and fails to say anything that only then are you looking for another roll under the sink and find there isn't any. The lady at the desk said at checkout that I could have gotten more from them, but I think they could have left a spare in the condo. If I had stayed longer, the spare would have notified me before I needed another roll to go ask for more. So, at check in, just do yourself the favor of requesting extra toilet paper and trash bags if you're staying for a bit. ;-)

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family