“Better than expected, excellent accommodations...”
other travellers have booked this property
View after the rain
View
Deck view
Master bedroom
gameroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jeff19702...
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Better than expected, excellent accommodations and view of mountains!”
Reviewed 9 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

I had never been to the Smokey Mountains before and wasn't sure what to expect. After doing a lot of research on the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for cabins we came across this beautiful gem. This cabin had exactly what I was looking for to accommodate our family of 5 including our 3 girls (8, 8 and 11 in ages). I was worried they might get bored in the area but according to them this was one of the best trips they had ever taken (in comparison to Southern California and Disney). The cabin had plenty of room (two bedrooms/3 baths) and had a beautiful game room in the basement that boasts three full size video games (one is a race car game - their favorite, one is a golf skins game for the "dad's, and the third is a full size game with all the old classics from when I grew up including dig dug, donkey kong, frogger, pac man and many more). The game room also included a full size pull table and a nice sitting area with a 55 inch tv. Off the game room, you can walk out to the outside area with a hot tub and overlook the mountains. This place has 3 decks all with excellent views of the mountains. The cabin is in excellent shape and includes a full size kitchen with all the utinsels you would need for cooking a great meal. Outside there are two charcoal grills and a picnic table. There is a full size washer and dryer in case you need to wash your dirty clothes.

The location for us was perfect, it is located in the Pitman Center area, about a 15 minute drive from both Gatlinberg and Pigeon Forge. I did not want to be right in town and this is located a little farther out near the art loop but close enough it is a simple drive to either city. This is also located to the Smokey Mountains Green Briar entrance, a great part of the park to visit.

Anita was an excellent host, from before I booked the cabin, to calling and checking on us during our visit and easily available if needed.

I can't say enough good things about this cabin, the Gatlinberg / Pigeon Forge area. We had a few rainy days that prevented us from seeing everything but the good part is we can always go back, and the next time I would do it I would want to maybe rent a larger cabin and go with another family.

The best part of stay in no particular order are listed below

1. The cabin itself, awesome view, hot tub, game room, location
2. Dixie Stampede, worth the show and great for kids!
3. Greenbriar Smoke Mountain area, very beautiful back there, if you do this rent
a Can Am (ATV Vehicle), we rented an ATV per the recommendation of Anita
and had a blast, a great way to visit the smokies, I would suggest renting it for
4 hours and doing the art loop along with touring the greenbriar entrace.
4. Hiking, because of rain we did not get to do as much as we wanted to :-(
5. Horseback riding, it was great, we did a 45 minute ride and it is perfect for kids
5 and up, not too challenging but you still get to see a lot!
6. Gem Mining, although it is "rigged", kids love it, we did one on the art trail that
also had a magic shop in it (much cheaper than the one in town).

We ate at several restaurants so not shortage of restaurants in the area, it depends on what you are in the mood for.

There are so many activities to do in this area on a sunny day or rainy day so the kids will not get bored!!. Also, you can see some areas of town that were impacted by the fires but nothing like I had heard when I was considering coming here, i.e. almost all stores are opened, trails opened, unless you look really hard for the fires the area has recovered very well so this should not be a factor when deciding to come.

12 Apr 2017
Jeff,

It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests at Moonbeams & Star Dreams cabin. Thank you for the kind words and we appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future.
Many blessings,

Brandi H
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

This cabin was absolutely wonderful. It has an amazing view and all the appliances and furniture complete it, giving it a cozy home feeling. This is the best cabin I have ever stayed in. If you're looking to stay in the smoky mountain area I would definantly recommend staying here. Anita is the BEST person book with, she's amazing!

11 Jan 2017
Brandi that you for choosing Moonbeams & Star Dreams cabin for your Smoky Mountain vacation and thank you for your kind words. My guests are the reason I love what I do. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Many blessings.
Plumberrr
“Husband”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Very nice place, the only complaint I would have would be the over abundance of ladybugs. We spent a large part of our time killing and sweeping up lady bugs from around doors and windows. I hope home owner will invest a little more in a pest control.
Respectfully,
Russell Williams

3 Nov 2016
Russell,

Thank you so much for visiting our Moonbeams StarDreams cabin.
I understand your frustration with the lady bugs. Moonbeams is exterminated on a monthly basis, and Unfortunately we are unable to get rid of the lady bugs until they have run through their season.
Lady bugs were transplanted throughout East Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama for the environment. Lady bugs are hugely beneficial as they eat aphids and other insects that are crop destroyers. We should celebrate that they come in numbers. Sure beats poisoning everything in sight to grow our food.
Thanks again. Many blessings.

NewYorkCa...
New York
“The cabin was a delight.”
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 day stay at Moonbeams and Star Dreams cabin. The mountain view was breathtaking. The cabin was very private and well appointed. The hot tub was a welcome relaxation after hiking in the area. The location was close to Gatlinburg and conveniences. We never used the pool table or games but they would be great for families with children. Everything was in working order and good condition. The beds were comfortable and rooms decorated tastefully. We highly recommend this cabin for a vacation getaway.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
31 Oct 2016
Catherine,

Thank you so much for visiting us here in the Smokies! Im so glad to heat you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to say some nice things about your stay, I really do appreciate that. We hope to have you and you family back again very soon!

Best Wishes,
ANita Foster
lance l
Louisville, Kentucky
“Beautifully perfect.”
Reviewed 23 March 2016 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

The cabin was perfect me and my girlfriend who now live together had our first vacation there together, and it was everything we wanted and more. The owner is an awesome woman, honestly you couldnt get a more cool owner for a cabin to visit. I will be back again because of how well she treated us. Price checked a lot of places, and i was looking for a good view with hot tub and grill, and game room. all were here. Would recommend to anyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner ;)
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
24 Mar 2016
Lance,

Thank you so much for visiting us here at Moonbeams & Star Dreams! I'm so happy to hear you two had a great stay here with us in the Smokies. Thank you for all the kind words, it means a lot. I would love to have you both back here anytime! I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Best Wishes,
Anita Foster
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing