“Bang for the buck!”

Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 14 January 2012

This charming little motel is definitely the best deal in Gatlinburg. I spent more at two restaurants than I did for two nights at the motel. Everything was clean and the location can't be beat within walking distance to every gatlingburg attraction.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank tjessee5

Reviewed 4 January 2012

My family and I have stayed at Marshalls Creek several times in the last couple of years. We love it. It is very clean and the owners and staff are great. It is very reasonably priced for the amenities that they offer. We love sitting outside on the little porches and talking to our neighbors. It is in the heart of Gatlinburg and very close to shopping, eateries and attractions. We have never had any distractions from other guests and we liked the fact that we could walk to everything. This is home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank joseph055_10
Reviewed 30 November 2011

VERY clean! Affordable. Very short walk into The Village & town. I've been staying here for the last 30 years. It isn't the ritz, but better. Spend your money on fine dinners, outings, & shows and stay here affordably.

Room Tip: Call ahead. This place is no secret. Their business is repeat customers and they stay pretty booke...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Nick250
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at this motel during the week of Thanksgiving. It was wonderful. It was spacious and most importantly, very clean. It was in walking distance of all the action; however, it is located in a very quiet section and very close to The Village which we visited everyday. I would definitely stay again. My only suggestion would be that they include a refrigerator.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AlabamaBajan
Reviewed 8 November 2011

If you are used to staying in a 5 star full amenities luxury hotel, this place is not for you. HOWEVER, if you are on a budget, or have other things in Gatlinburg that you want to spend your money on, "YET" still want to stay in the "CLEANEST" motel in Gatlinburg, then this one is well worth your consideration. Baskins Creek runs right beside it (within 4 feet). It is relaxing to sit on the front porch in the chairs and hear the creek running.

Now there is a reason they call it "rest" in the motel name. All loud noise (loud TV's, stereos, hooping and hollering) has to be reduced by 10 PM, which was great for my wife and me (we have had some serious noise problems with other guests in other places we have stayed)

The decor is of the 60's, 70's, (Knotty pine walls, paneling, etc) and the outside is a traditional (real) mountain stone, which again, for me, I loved it, as it reminded me of more simple times as a kid when going on vacation as a kid with family .

Again, if you require exercise halls, condo style rooms, indoor swimming pools, breakfast in bed, etc etc etc, by all means don't stop looking until you find it, but if you are a young or retired couple, or a small family, and the the price of accommodations are going to be a deal breaker as to getting to come to Gatlinburg or not, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you consider this local family owned for 50 years motel.

Also, the beds are comfortable and the rooms do not smell, ...and no bed bugs to bite :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family