After 40 years, my husband finally retired and we wanted a restful few days in one of our favorite places, Gatlinburg. We chose Buckberry Creek Lodge as our place to celebrate. It's a lovely property and the staff was so nice. We enjoyed the breakfast, which was included in the price of our room. They didn't forget anything on the breakfast buffet!
Our room was nice, but if I could change a few things I would, I'd definitely put a larger TV in the room. The room is long and the tv is at the far end of the room, and you have to get close to see it. The lodge is just that, a lodge. It's all wood! The decor was a bit woodsy for my taste, but some folks might like that. I'd also invest in new pillows for the bed. They were so flat, I almost got a crick in my neck!! The kitchen could stand to have a new stove, but since we didn't cook while we were there, it really didn't matter. Overall, it's a nice place, with nice amenities and kind people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Buckberry Creek has brought the elegance of the “Great Camps” of the Adirondacks to the pristine beauty of the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Designed to reflect the retreats created in the Adirondack Mountains over 100 years ago by some of the East Coast’s wealthiest families, Buckberry Lodge pampers guests with the true natural grandeur of the Adirondack architectural style. Nestled away high above Gatlinburg, Tennessee, The Woods building offers 14 luxury-suite rooms from 600 square feet to 750 square feet. Rooms feature fireplaces, private balconies, bathrooms with separate showers and Jacuzzi tubs. The majority of our suites have a King bed but we do have a few rooms with 2 Double beds. Rest, recharge, and relax within your suite or enjoy the area attractions of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our property is less than 2 miles from the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and all the beauty it holds. We are also less than 2 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg. There is a firepit which overlooks Mt. LeConte – a great spot to unwind & relax. Although we have experienced a great loss since the November 28th fire, we are very fortunate to have The Woods building to share with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to The Lodge at Buckberry Creek for your Smoky Mountain lodging destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek