“Nice people, Beautiful Property”

The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 2 December 2016

After 40 years, my husband finally retired and we wanted a restful few days in one of our favorite places, Gatlinburg. We chose Buckberry Creek Lodge as our place to celebrate. It's a lovely property and the staff was so nice. We enjoyed the breakfast, which was included in the price of our room. They didn't forget anything on the breakfast buffet!

Our room was nice, but if I could change a few things I would, I'd definitely put a larger TV in the room. The room is long and the tv is at the far end of the room, and you have to get close to see it. The lodge is just that, a lodge. It's all wood! The decor was a bit woodsy for my taste, but some folks might like that. I'd also invest in new pillows for the bed. They were so flat, I almost got a crick in my neck!! The kitchen could stand to have a new stove, but since we didn't cook while we were there, it really didn't matter. Overall, it's a nice place, with nice amenities and kind people.

Room Tip: Unless you just need extra space, the smaller suite might work for you.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen B
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Buckberry Creek

Reviewed 1 December 2016

I've yet to stay at your beautiful lodge, but had planned on staying during my wedding anniversary next year. Words can not begin to describe how very sorry I am for each and every employee there. We're praying for all of you, as well as the rest in Gatlinburg who've lost their homes, businesses and jobs. #GatlinburgStrong

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
9  Thank pris1972
Reviewed 30 November 2016

We look forward to going back again next year, We loved our visit, the room was awesome, the lodge and the restaurant was awesome, and most important of all, the people that work there were all super nice, On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it a 20. Awesome view sitting on the porch of our room. Dinners on the porch were amazing! Breakfast everyday was outstanding! Can't say enough good things, loved it, loved it!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank _carzgalore2
Reviewed 23 November 2016

This was our second trip to Buckberry Lodge and it was amazing! The food was wonderful. We had the opportunity to sit outside next to the fireplace, which was a romantic touch. Everyone wanted to make sure our stay was perfect. And it was!

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite with the best view.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ImBuddyMac
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Us and another couple stayed here for 2 nights. It is a rustic type lodge and has all the comforts of home. We had wonderful views of the mountains. Great outdoor porch to sit and have coffee. Ours was a 1 bedroom with living area that had coffee maker, fridge and micro. The people that work there are outstanding. It has a cute little bar you can sit and have a drink inside or outside. Dinner was very good....BUT....very expensive. The only thing negative is, I had asked for something to be cooked a little longer than what the chef was going to cook it and I got a respond of No. He does not cook it that way. Hmmmm, I am paying top dollar for this food and I cannot get it the way I want. But other than that, all was good. Breakfast was nicely done and is included in your room. If you are in this area, please stay here, you won't regret it. Has such beautiful and peaceful surroundings.

Room Tip: I think all rooms come with the best view
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple