The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 126*
USD 121*
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 71*
EconoLodge
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 73*
USD 157*
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 134*
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 135*
USD 123*
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
USD 104*
Travelocity
USD 112*
TripAdvisor
1,145 results
All reviewsgallery suitethe smoky mountainshiking trailoverlooking the mountainsfire pitfull kitchencontinental breakfasttop floorsmall kitchenbeautiful propertyrocking chairsliving areashort drivegatlinburg areajacuzzi tubthird floorpigeon forge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I booked a room at Buckberry on a spur of the moment get away. It turned out to be an excellent pick and we both really enjoyed the stay. The lodge is on mountain adjacent to Gatlinburg. So you are close to the restaurants and "attractions" in town without all the noise and mess of all the masses roaming the strip. When I said it was on a mountain I'm serious. If you had a skateboard and a set of iron balls you would be in for the ride of your life into town. The rooms were comfortable, the bed was too and had like 400 count sheets. The rooms are kept spotless and seem to be new. It is a wood framed structure so it does transmit noise more than a steel and concrete building. Noise wasn't a problem for us. The views are panoramic and well worth the extra cost. They have a continental breakfast and lots of good coffee in the AM. It was my favorite to sip coffie and take in the view. The staff are all very nice and helpful. A lot of resorts could take a lesson on customer service from their crew at buckberry. We got a room with a Jacuzzi. If you are going to do some hiking and you are not in top shape you will really need that. They have a trail that leads down the mountain to a small creek and veranda. Very nice touch. The fireplace in the veranda is an excellent place to hang out in the evening. It was a good place and we will be back.

Room Tip: Higher up is better so you get a view over the oak trees. Get a room with a Jacuzzi if you plan and doing some serious hiking.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DrCarlOrlando
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We spent our 10th anniversary here this past weekend and I expected a lot considering how much money I had to convince my husband to spend to stay here. It is in a beautiful and private location and the view from our room was great. The staff was very friendly and even gave us a personal tour and a history of the lodge when we checked in. Our room was nice and cozy with a kitchen, sitting area, fireplace and balcony overlooking the mountains. The room was clean but our bathtub had some dirty "spots" in the bottom of the tub and my pillowcase had mascara on it and it was not mine as I had not laid my head on it yet - Yuck! My biggest complaint is the noise. I expected our room to be more sound proof considering the $200+ a night rate. The pipes in the ceiling made noise every time someone would flush or take a shower and we could hear every footstep of the people in the room above us. I think they were running races across the length of their room until 1am on Saturday. Not exactly the "romantic" feel I was going for. I personally wouldn't stay here again but I wouldn't discourage anyone else from giving it a try. Just request a room on the top floor and I think you'll have a better experience. I will also add that the trip into Gatlinburg from the lodge is a short drive on a back road but on VERY steep hills.

Room Tip: Request a top floor!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MMahala
BBL37738, Manager at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear MMahala,
Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek. We truly value both your positive and negative feedback as this is the most useful way of ensuring our guests receive the best experience possible. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay and trust that your concerns will be addressed by management. Also, we appreciate your kind words encouraging travelers to give The Lodge at Buckberry Creek a try.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you are looking for a hotel in Gatlinburg....there are no 4 or 5 star hotels available. But, this is as "classy" lodge as you'll find by far! I was pleasantly pleased with the food and dining area. We used the fireplace in our room which added to a homey feel. I agree the rooms weren't sound proof but it didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. It is close to the town which is convenient as there are many rental homes and cabins miles up on winding roads that are in hard to find locations. But, on the other hand, that is where the amazing views of the Smokey Mountains are.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs you would want to request a bottom level. Also, the reception and dining area are in a separate building so walking is required. We liked our view but I would ask when you make reservations what the view would be.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Melissa T,
We are thrilled to be considered "Gatlinburg's Best." It sounds like you had a very pleasant stay with us taking advantage of our awe-inspiring views while keeping cozy next to the in-suite fireplace. Keep us in mind when looking to get out of town for a quick trip, we host many events throughout the year. These are listed on our website at news.buckberrylodge.com. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Not sure I understand the few bad reviews on here, it must be a problem from the past, because our stay was exceptional! We stayed in a gorgeous suite in the trout building, what an amazing view! The food in the restaurant was outstanding. We also enjoyed and Easter buffet that was nothing short of incredible. If you are staying in Gatlinburg, stay away from the strip during the busy time and head up the mountain for a short ride to Buckberry. The rooms, view, well worth the money! My only advice is that if you new to driving in the mountains like us Floridians, make your first trip up the mountain in daylight to get yourself acclimated to the drive, it's a fun ride up!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Michael S

Dear Michael S,
On behalf of the staff at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek, thank you for sharing with the TripAdvisor community about your exceptional stay with us. We are pleased you were impressed with your suite, the views, and your dining experience at our restaurant. We think its wonderful you were able to take part in our annual Easter Brunch and look forward to welcoming you back for another Buckberry Lodge event in the future!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were pleased with the service, the continental breakfast, the views and such. We were disappointed with the size of the "suite" and the amount of noise we could hear from other guest rooms. For the price you should not be hearing people above you walking around let alone cough! And the doors being opened to the doors around us were terribly loud to us. The quality of construction materials on the surface appear very nice but, being a carpenter, I can tell that the attention to noise reduction is not there. I would not stay there again because of these issues and I'd say the room was worth about $140 tops, not $180.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family