We knew the lodge would be special after visiting their website, but it was so much more. We were guests just one night. If there was any way to change our plans and stay a couple more, we would have done it.
We arrived on the first Saturday in May at 3:00 - the afternoon was warm and sunny. Check in was at four, so we drove just two miles to the Great Smoky National Park and toured and hiked until 5:30. Our room on the top floor was ready when we returned. Unlike another guest, we experienced no noise issues. Our rustic designed room was very clean (small deck with table and chairs, large seating area with couch and chairs in front on a wood burning fireplace, queen bed, large bath with whirlpool, walk-in shower and two sinks. Sure the TV could have been updated with a large flatscreen, but who stays in this gorgeous setting to watch the news. Having said this, we did watch the Derby.
The views at the lodge are simply spectacular - jaw dropping. Our dinner on the deck was excellent - food wine and service were all 5 stars. Romantic, I should say! The next morning we enjoyed a continental breakfast on the deck.
The staff was very helpful and responsive. Before we checked out, we were taken a 1/2 mile down to the bottom of the canyon in a 4WD vehicle to check out the lodge's large pavilion. This was a perfect spot for a couple, small group or family to relax and listen to the sounds of birds and a gentle stream. There are rocking chairs, a hammock and fireplace - a great spot to read or enjoy a picnic.
And another benefit - you can easily avoid the commercialism of Gatlinburg
We will return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to wildfire. No re-open date yet. Visiting our rustically elegant lodge is like stepping back in time, yet with all the modern amenities. Pristine Smoky Mountain views are the focal point of most our 44 luxurious individually appointed suites. Each suite offers a fireplace, balcony, cable TV and DVD, queen sleeper sofa, full kitchen, and large bathroom with a whirlpool soaking tub. While staying at our mountain retreat you could easily spend your days enjoying our walking trails, napping in the hammock by Buckberry Creek and enjoying the delicious fare of our restaurant - and never need venture beyond our driveway. And if you are looking to explore our incredible natural surroundings - hiking, fishing, skiing, fine arts and crafts and scenic drives are just minutes away. We'll even pack you a lunch...If you are staying with us on business or just want to let others know about our Great Camp of the Smokies, we provide free WiFi throughout the lodge. The Lodge at Buckberry Creek offers an unrivaled experience in the Smokies! Winter. Spring. Summer. Fall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek