We spent our 10th anniversary here this past weekend and I expected a lot considering how much money I had to convince my husband to spend to stay here. It is in a beautiful and private location and the view from our room was great. The staff was very friendly and even gave us a personal tour and a history of the lodge when we checked in. Our room was nice and cozy with a kitchen, sitting area, fireplace and balcony overlooking the mountains. The room was clean but our bathtub had some dirty "spots" in the bottom of the tub and my pillowcase had mascara on it and it was not mine as I had not laid my head on it yet - Yuck! My biggest complaint is the noise. I expected our room to be more sound proof considering the $200+ a night rate. The pipes in the ceiling made noise every time someone would flush or take a shower and we could hear every footstep of the people in the room above us. I think they were running races across the length of their room until 1am on Saturday. Not exactly the "romantic" feel I was going for. I personally wouldn't stay here again but I wouldn't discourage anyone else from giving it a try. Just request a room on the top floor and I think you'll have a better experience. I will also add that the trip into Gatlinburg from the lodge is a short drive on a back road but on VERY steep hills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Buckberry Creek has brought the elegance of the “Great Camps” of the Adirondacks to the pristine beauty of the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Designed to reflect the retreats created in the Adirondack Mountains over 100 years ago by some of the East Coast’s wealthiest families, Buckberry Lodge pampers guests with the true natural grandeur of the Adirondack architectural style. Nestled away high above Gatlinburg, Tennessee, The Woods building offers 14 luxury-suite rooms from 600 square feet to 750 square feet. Rooms feature fireplaces, private balconies, bathrooms with separate showers and Jacuzzi tubs. The majority of our suites have a King bed but we do have a few rooms with 2 Double beds. Rest, recharge, and relax within your suite or enjoy the area attractions of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our property is less than 2 miles from the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and all the beauty it holds. We are also less than 2 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg. There is a firepit which overlooks Mt. LeConte – a great spot to unwind & relax. Although we have experienced a great loss since the November 28th fire, we are very fortunate to have The Woods building to share with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to The Lodge at Buckberry Creek for your Smoky Mountain lodging destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek