We spent our 10th anniversary here this past weekend and I expected a lot considering how much money I had to convince my husband to spend to stay here. It is in a beautiful and private location and the view from our room was great. The staff was very friendly and even gave us a personal tour and a history of the lodge when we checked in. Our room was nice and cozy with a kitchen, sitting area, fireplace and balcony overlooking the mountains. The room was clean but our bathtub had some dirty "spots" in the bottom of the tub and my pillowcase had mascara on it and it was not mine as I had not laid my head on it yet - Yuck! My biggest complaint is the noise. I expected our room to be more sound proof considering the $200+ a night rate. The pipes in the ceiling made noise every time someone would flush or take a shower and we could hear every footstep of the people in the room above us. I think they were running races across the length of their room until 1am on Saturday. Not exactly the "romantic" feel I was going for. I personally wouldn't stay here again but I wouldn't discourage anyone else from giving it a try. Just request a room on the top floor and I think you'll have a better experience. I will also add that the trip into Gatlinburg from the lodge is a short drive on a back road but on VERY steep hills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to wildfire. No re-open date yet. Visiting our rustically elegant lodge is like stepping back in time, yet with all the modern amenities. Pristine Smoky Mountain views are the focal point of most our 44 luxurious individually appointed suites. Each suite offers a fireplace, balcony, cable TV and DVD, queen sleeper sofa, full kitchen, and large bathroom with a whirlpool soaking tub. While staying at our mountain retreat you could easily spend your days enjoying our walking trails, napping in the hammock by Buckberry Creek and enjoying the delicious fare of our restaurant - and never need venture beyond our driveway. And if you are looking to explore our incredible natural surroundings - hiking, fishing, skiing, fine arts and crafts and scenic drives are just minutes away. We'll even pack you a lunch...If you are staying with us on business or just want to let others know about our Great Camp of the Smokies, we provide free WiFi throughout the lodge. The Lodge at Buckberry Creek offers an unrivaled experience in the Smokies! Winter. Spring. Summer. Fall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek