“Beware! Don't copy Their Recipes!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wild Plum Tea Room

Wild Plum Tea Room
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, CA
“Beware! Don't copy Their Recipes!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2005

My husband & I just returned from Gatlinburg. We ate lunch at The Wild Plum. Both of us really enjoyed our food. The cheese rolls, Wild Plum iced tea, and tomato soup were wonderful. After lunch I noticed a Wild Plum cookbook on the table. As I looked through it, I decided to copy two of the recipes. The owner came up to the table, and in a stern voice said, "Those recipes are copyrighted and I would prefer you did not do that! She then said I could purchase the book for $13. Of course I was embarrassed but did wonder why the book was on the table if they were so sensitive about people knowing their ingredients. Yes, we would go back because we did think the food was great. They also told us that they change the menu every couple days.

13 Thank SHELLDUBE

Noble, GA
“An experience I'll never forget”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2005

I had to go. This strange little place had some interesting reviews and since my mom and I love trying new things, we had to try this one. When you go to Gatlinburg, plan at least half a day in the Arts and Craft Community. It's almost a long string of yard sales except the stuff is arts and crafts instead of rumage and antiques. Close to one end, you'll find this small little place. I felt like I was sitting on someone's back porch having lunch. I don't know, and I don't mean to offend anyone (if it does) but the owner must be Jewish. We had food that tasted like the stuff you get at "The Holy Land" in Orlando, FL. That's were I first tried Jewish food. I don't like it and I didn't like the food at the Wild Plum Tea Room. However, I do recommend going there just so you can say, "Been there...done that." The muffins, which I had heard were wonderful, were wonderful. But they weren't unique. I've made the same thing at home. The tea, which I had heard was excellent, was very good. But, it was just tea with citrus mix in it. Nothing special. We had the "Medley." It was that coush-coush (or however you spell it), chicken salad, and vegetable soup. The soup had a big chunk of brown bread soaking in it. The chicken salad had huge chunks of chicken that had to be cut. It had apple and something that wasn't mayonaise to hold it all together. But, it was fun trying something new.

13 Thank NobleZone
A TripAdvisor Member
“So good, so different!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2004

We are so glad we went there! After a week in Gatlinburg, eating lots of heavy barbeque and pancakes, the Wild Plum Tea Room was a welcome change to the usual dining fare that we've had on our many trips up that way. Even my husband enjoyed it there, and I really didn't think he would like going to such a "girly" place! So quaint, yet proper, with lunch served on mismatched china; we decided to eat on the screened-in porch and drank a lot of iced Wild Plum Tea (it doesn't actually contain plums). I had the sampler, which included their chicken salad, soup of the day, and salad of the day. Hubby had the bacon, onion & swiss cheese sandwich. The dessert selection was decadent, but they give you a managable portion, so you can have one to yourself and share a little bit of each. We had lots of attention from the friendly staff, and truly appreciated the environment; it was great to get away from the hustle & bustle of the Parkway. To get there, take the parkway out of town, and turn onto Glades Road; go to the end and turn right onto Buckhorn. The restaurant is on the right.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't miss the Wild Plum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2004

I came upon the Wild Plum two years ago after driving through Cades Cove. What a find! Unusual menu, great food, a terrific staff. When we returned to Gatlinburg last fall with friends the Wild Plum was at the top of our to do list and it lived up to our expectations. We are bringing some other friends down this fall...and the Wild Plum will certainly be one of our favorite stops...worth the wait even if they are busy.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
camde, tennessee
“a MUST every trip to Gatlinburg..............delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2004

we love eatng at the wild plum tea room..........discovered it years ago and look forward to lunch there every trip. portions are small but quality is excellent.........great desserts

always a crowd;;;;;;;;;;so be prepared to wait

9 Thank weluvcats