“A lot of food for the money.”

Best Italian Cafe & Pizzeria
Ranked #46 of 210 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My hotel was a block away from this place, my wife and son were asleep, and I had a coupon for a free appetizer from the hotel I stayed in. So, I made a spur of the moment walk over to this restaurant. When I first walked in a saw a sign that said they had outdoor seating and it was a little muggy inside. I got seated outside and was surprised that the patio was right on the river. That was a nice touch to the atmosphere. I ordered the spaghetti. I was wondering why it costs around $15 until they brought out the salad. It wasn't a risky dink side salad. It was a full plate size that I got to go. The spaghetti was good. I ordered the garlic knots as my free appetizer. You can read great reviews about their garlic knots all day long. The spaghetti was a lot of food so I couldn't finish it. I packed up my spaghetti, the huge salad, and the garlic knots and took it back to the hotel where my family were finally awake and they were hungry so they polished off the rest of the food and were very happy with it. So, aside from good food, with the help of a coupon from my hotel I was able to feed a family of 3 for under $20 including the tip. I'd call that a good solid trip to the best Italian cafe.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,952)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We arrived at the Best Italian restaurant at lunch time and were the only table seated for a while. Several more tables were seated and we quickly became aware that only two waiters were working this shift. My father overheard the kitchen manager telling the staff to just "deal with it". We ordered a pizza which was always good. However, our waitress seemed (understandably) beyond stressed. I understand that the situation was not her fault. However, it was not ours either. What made for a stressful work environment, made for an unpleasant meal. My family goes here every time we come to Gatlinburg. We love the food, the service just needs work.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing! We ordered Lasagna, Veal Park, spaghetti/meatballs and humongous Calzone (see picture of my 12 year old son behind it). The menu had a large selection of Italian fare. The only con was they did not have a hostess the night we arrived and waiters were a bit frantic and running behind with drinks because the place was packed. Worth the wait though if it’s busy! You can hang tight outside or at the bar until they call your name.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank sissypwr
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We picked this Restaurant because it said best thin crust pizza and for the money it was. the service was good and timely.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Tom t
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We have eaten there a number of times but it had been some time till tonight and we are glad we did. Linguine and clams house salad and of course their famous knot rolls. Delicious! Older restaurants and it shows around the edges but consistently good food. Short staffed but no short cuts taken wait staff is pleasant but busy. Will be retuning again sooner this time.

1  Thank neal1758