“Excellent Steakhouse by the River with Gorgeous View”

The Peddler Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 210 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located at the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg TN, The Peddler Steakhouse is literally built upon tradition. Families continue to return from one generation to the next. We invite you to start a new dining tradition with us.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My family has been coming to Peddler for as long as I can remember. We love to talk to the peddler and Chris has been there for so long, he is awesome. The steaks are tender and flavorful and the child's menu is great really. $1.00 per year of age. The salad bar is out of this world. (Other than I wish the egg was more coarsely chopped up). It is what some would say pricy but well worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,777)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Peddler Steakhouse is a must for visitors to Gatlinburg! If food, service, and cleanliness are among the attributes you seek in a fine restaurant, then you will definitely not be disappointed. I would also like to commend the work ethic of Director of Operations Dale Bright. He is one of the most professional individuals that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He is, without a doubt, an asset to restaurant management and should be commended for his dedication to customer service. It is due to his dedication that I will continue to be a patron of The Peddler Steakhouse.

3  Thank Brandon T
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Been here several times, always great food. This time the steaks were not near the quality that we have had in the past. The one thing that is always great is the salad bar.
Great, fresh and neat, but the steaks were not up to the usual standards.

1  Thank henrycF7873AJ
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We heard Peddlars would be a nice alternative to the restarants on Main Street, so we ventured down to check it out. The wait was short and the restaurant busy but the sight of a “salad bar” immediately turned me off, noting they are great for spreading all sorts of illnesses, etc. and better quality restaurants steer away from that experience. No matter, we cracked open the menu to be hit with super high prices to include $22 for a chicken breast and up from there. Yes, the $12 salad bar comes with the meal but there are no options to exclude the salad bar from the entree. The server simply assumed we are all having the salad bar, which I felt was presumptive. A few moments later, a man in an apron came by with a cart. Under a white cloth were various raw cuts of beef, to which he said, “which one will a be carving up for you”? Again, presumptive and somewhat gross in its presentation. A stream rolls past the windows of the back of the restaurant, which was quaint. What was not quaint, were the bags of garbage on the far shoreline that someone had strewn all over. Again, why wouldn’t the management send over someone to clean up. My guests ate their salad bar, we closed out the tab and went to another favorite competitor on the main strip of Gatlinburg.

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Probably one of the best steak I ever had .
I had the NY strip and it was moist and perfectly cooked .
The salad bar was great and fresh
A must to go restaurant at the smokies .

1  Thank Ayat A